Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

• 2 months later...
On 1/20/2019 at 5:29 PM, MikeSinn said:

When were flamethrowers added to CMFI/GL?  I don't see any reference to them in either manual so assume they came later.

They first appeared in the BN Vehicle Pack, I think they were added in with the 3.0 upgrade or a patch, not sure but it was about four years ago or so.

Mord.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A Bren gun in a light machine gun role covers a 6pdr anti tank gun from enemy machine gun fire coming in from medium distance (ca. 350m). The incoming volume of fire being thus reduced, the 6pdr can resume its dirty work. BAM! 

Unbenannt.jpg

By the way: Does anyone know why the (empty) "Lloyd carrier" is so expensive for quickbattles? It can transport fewer men than the "Bren carrier", provides less ammo and has no MG... Why would anyone pick a Lloyd carrier over a Bren carrier? Is this an oversight? 

Edited by Kaunitz

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 11:13 AM, Kaunitz said:

A Bren gun in a light machine gun role covers a 6pdr anti tank gun from enemy machine gun fire coming in from medium distance (ca. 350m). The incoming volume of fire being thus reduced, the 6pdr can resume its dirty work. BAM! 

Unbenannt.jpg

By the way: Does anyone know why the (empty) "Lloyd carrier" is so expensive for quickbattles? It can transport fewer men than the "Bren carrier", provides less ammo and has no MG... Why would anyone pick a Lloyd carrier over a Bren carrier? Is this an oversight? 

Rarity, perhaps?

Less available assets are more expensive, I think.

Nah, rarity is represented by ... rarity! :D (In case you don't know, there are rarity point costs, which are separate from ordinary point costs)  The ordinary point costs ought to represent the actual game play "power" of the unit. 

Edited by Kaunitz

I was going to state about that any unit or vehicle is always more expensive when purchased "singularly" compared to when its included as part of the "formation" anyway.

On 6/8/2019 at 10:13 AM, Kaunitz said:

The Lloyd (60 pts, standard) can tow guns. The Bren/Universal (71 pts, standard) cannot tow guns. I dare say that's the answer. The reason to choose the Lloyd over the Bren/Universal is because you want to drag some guns about. So role wise your sort of comparing apples and oranges here. Now compare the Lloyd against the other vehicles that can tow guns such as the Jeep (48 pts, standard), Morris (42 pts, standard) and M5/M9 (73 pts, uncommon or limited). Does not seem so expensive in that context now does it?

Disclaimer: values taken as examples from the "single vehicles" on the quick battles force selection screen, your values may differ.

Edited by Oliver_88

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...