Shall try to start an unofficial screenshots thread?

In the battle Forest of Wild Beasts, the demise of a Sturmpanzer IV is recorded.

The vehicle was hit by heavy US artillery on the top, and then proceeded to "cook off," killing the crew of another Sturmpanzer IV nearby in the largest explosion I've seen so far.  I venture to say this exceeds the explosion of a burning Priest that has their ammo go off.  An Elephant is nearby to show scale.  Amazing.

vype2u.jpg 

Heinrich505

21 hours ago, Heinrich505 said:

<Snip> proceeded to "cook off," killing the crew of another Sturmpanzer IV nearby in the largest explosion I've seen so far.  <Snip>  

Cool.  Thanks for sharing.  Did it knockout the other Sturmpanzer or just kill the crew?  Do you remember about how many meters away from the explosion the 2nd sturmpanzer was?

MOS,

The unlucky Sturmpanzer was about 15 meters away from the one that had the ammo cook-off.  There was only 1 survivor out of the crew of 5.  Hinrichsen, the driver, was the only one to get out, and he went out the top hatch, I gather, as that is the one open.  He would have been the furthest from the blast and had the most armor between him and the other Sturmpanzer.

The crater is truly impressive.  I've only seen bigger craters from Stuka attacks.  The Elephant just shrugged it off and drove around the carnage.

2585tle.jpg

Heinrich505

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's with a little desaturation and a fair bit filtering after the fact. Only mods visible are the FX.

I just liked how much stuff was happening in that shot, it reminded me of a Lady Butler painting. Depicted is mission three in GL Foiling Fustian, which is a frontal assault/WW1 meat grinder of a mission. Combined losses in that battle were 550 dead and 240 wounded (!).

Original image:

S0Hz0zV.jpg

Edited by domfluff

Looking good. Just a quick FYI pressing <shift><esc> will pause without the pause notice appearing on screen. After you do that once, per session, you can pause and play from the buttons and the notice will continue to be hidden. Very helpful for taking screen shots.

Edited by IanL
grammar

1 hour ago, IanL said:

Looking good. Just a quick FYI pressing <shift><esc> will pause with out the pause notice appearing on screen. After you do that once, per session, you can pause and play from the buttons and the notice will continue to be hidden. Very helpful for taking screen shots.

That's a great tip.  B)

7 hours ago, IanL said:

Looking good. Just a quick FYI pressing <shift><esc> will pause without the pause notice appearing on screen. After you do that once, per session, you can pause and play from the buttons and the notice will continue to be hidden. Very helpful for taking screen shots.

Awesome, thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...