Sign in to follow this  
edudak

Norton issues

I can only get Commonwealth to work if I install it with Norton disabled. Otherwise I get the message that Norton sees Commonwealth as a threat "suspicious.MH690.A". Is this a common problem? Is there a solution? Thanks.

Yes, this is a known problem with Norton security products and the Commonwealth module. It's a false positive. The file is NOT infected with anything; it just happens to match some heuristic patterns (not true virus signatures) that Norton is using.

You will need to set an 'exception' within Norton for the Commonwealth executable file ('CMN Commonwealth Module.exe'). You may also want to set one for the base game executable (which gets updated with a Commonwealth compatible version) too, 'CM Normandy.exe'. This would hopefully prevent future interference with any Norton updates (which has happened in the past).

Yes, this is a known problem with Norton security products and the Commonwealth module. It's a false positive. The file is NOT infected with anything; it just happens to match some heuristic patterns (not true virus signatures) that Norton is using.

You will need to set an 'exception' within Norton for the Commonwealth executable file ('CMN Commonwealth Module.exe'). You may also want to set one for the base game executable (which gets updated with a Commonwealth compatible version) too, 'CM Normandy.exe'. This would hopefully prevent future interference with any Norton updates (which has happened in the past).

Not being a computer tech, are there any step by step instructions on how to do this?

Sign in to follow this