Strategic Command Elite Edition - Is it still available somewhere?

spillblood

Hey, I've bought Strategic Command at GOG.com. I've found out that many of the mod sites (except at Panzer Liga and 5Star General) are down. I'm especially eager to try out this Elite mod (with new GUI, landscape etc.), but can't find it anywhere anymore. Has anyone still got a copy, and does it work with Strategic Command 1.07?

If i remember correctly that was a mod which offered slightly different graphics and a somewhat more polished map.

I didn't liked it, so i never kept it.

But that was two computer ago, so i can't help you with anything else but the statement that it wasn't such an important mod worth keeping or installing, at least not for my personal taste.

Feel free to download the SC WW1 or the SC GC demos and compare them with SC1.

It might turn out that you end feeling that you were hunting for the wrong game (mod), as both games are so much better than SC1 (which, of course, wasn't bad either, 10 years ago).

I'll get them when they become available on gog.com. I don't like DRM,so I didn't get any battlefront games at their site yet.

It will take some time until they get to gog.com, hardly the site sell games that are recent. SC2 series will take some years to get to gog.com, probably SC2 and the expansions will get there in a year or two, but hardly you will get the new games. I would recomend you to get the new SC: TGW, because you can play a lot of MP games in it, unless you don't like MP, but it's still a great game. :D

StratCom 2 would be nice. Anyways, StratCom 1 is pretty awesome for a 10 year old game, I think the AI in v1.07 isn't bad at all (although I've read some reviews of the series stating that the AI isn't very challenging). I'll be sure to try out other games of the series, but I guess I have to make up my mind which one to get. I'm pretty interested in StratCom Global Conflict though. The only thing that bothers me a bit with the newer titles in the series is the isometric perspective. I prefer good old-fashioned hex-based games, the Civ-like isometric perspective is a bit odd. But all the reviews sound great, so I'll at least try out the demos of the newer games.

StratCom 2 would be nice. Anyways, StratCom 1 is pretty awesome for a 10 year old game, I think the AI in v1.07 isn't bad at all (although I've read some reviews of the series stating that the AI isn't very challenging). I'll be sure to try out other games of the series, but I guess I have to make up my mind which one to get. I'm pretty interested in StratCom Global Conflict though. The only thing that bothers me a bit with the newer titles in the series is the isometric perspective. I prefer good old-fashioned hex-based games, the Civ-like isometric perspective is a bit odd. But all the reviews sound great, so I'll at least try out the demos of the newer games.

that is why the demos exists, make a try out, I agree that the use of squares makes the game less atractive, but you get used to them, in time, you will find the games awesome, I assure you :D