- improved terrain elevation/contours, smoother and more intuitive.

I'm pretty curious about this... I've tried making some maps using topo contours and have always encountered "weirdness" in the form of unintended spikes or gullies popping up in strange places (hopefully someone will understand what I mean) with absolutely no clue about how to deal with it (my solutions have often been worse than the problem). I'm hoping this bullet point addresses this "issue", or if not, what is it referring to?

I'm hoping that all the improvements to the editor coupled with the solving of the OOM issues in 64 bit Windows will allow me to put time into that aspect of the game without feeling like it is unproductive (because so far I've spent a lot of time with nothing to show for it).

I'm no expert but I believe a new calcuation system for intermediate elevations is now in place for V2.0. I can't tell you anything beyond that because I don't know anything beyond that. I don't know what it was meant to address or fix or improve. I only know a significant change of some sort was made.

I know what you are saying sfhand. I spend as much time on map contour cosmetics as I do on the design. I hope that the next patch corrects some of this. For now all you can do is look closely at the map in the elevation mode and see if you can see a pattern of elevation changes all in a strait line. If you do then interrupt this line with an elevation input close to the one you want to interrupt and this will cause the editor to recalculate the area around it and will some times smooth it out. Gotta keep doing this if you want a steeply contoured map to look right. A good method of finding the flaw is to put a patch of sand as close as you can to where the flaw is and go to 3d mode and see where the patch of sand is in relation to the flaw. After doing this for a while you will get good at guessing where the actual flaw is.