Sign in to follow this  
Doug Williams

Screenshots capture as black screen

Windows 7

ATI Radeon HD 5700 series with latest drivers as of this posting.

Trying to get screen captures using Print Screen button with or without Greenshot software.

All I get are blank black screenshots with the CMBN mouse cursor showing. This is for any screenshot within the game, including the score screen.

Solution?

I use greenshot with an nvidia card I have to take a screenshot twice to actually get it to show the screen that is on the screen it usually shows the menu but anyway I would try another screen shot program have you tried FRAPS

http://www.fraps.com/

It's free you just press the screenshot key when in the game and it takes it you don't even know it took a screen shot meaning with greenshot the screen shot pops up - but for you its all black - but anyway with fraps you just keep fighting the battle and it like takes the screen shot in background. It puts it in a folder and you can choose your own folder it you want. I would try fraps.

Then there is another screenshot program too but I have not used it I am sure there are more but someone on the forums here recommended it its Infraview

http://www.irfanview.com/

If fraps doesn't work maybe infraview might

I'm running windows 7 too. I guess you updated the video drivers. ??

Maybe also google "Black Screenshot AND Ati Radeon" do a Boolean search using the AND

You know what maybe EMAIL Greenshot people see if they let you email them they may know a fix. Maybe it's a radeon thing and they know a fix.

FWIW I had the same problem with my Nvidia Geforce GTX 260M. All screen captures were black screen. Tried the irfanview with no luck - still black screen even though I monkeyed with the settings a bit. Downloaded FRAPS and it worked straight out of the box. Also places a framerate digital monitor in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Fairly non-intrusive and I kind of like it. Despite having to pay $37 for the 'full version' the trial doesn't seem to expire and it works fine for basic captures, just not for video. They claim that the trial also places a watermark on the screenshot but I haven't noticed it. Recommended.

There's a program called Hypersnap that works for me. I think it's about $30 or so. I used to get the black screen when using hypersnap in CMBB when I was running low on memory but so far I've not had the problem in CMBN.

Sign in to follow this