WesternFront - new total conversion (Sealion & ETO style) mod for CMAK

Yeah, much thanks in advance, Streety - I haven't actually DL'd the Mod Pack yet, but I've been using your Brit Para Portraits for years now, so I know the Westfront will be good... :)

Erwin -

I'm there, dude :)

Seriously -

Spain '38, Poland '39, France 40....Sealion 40-42 (includes Lionheart Resistance Campaign).

I'm actually hoping that the Tourney after BB10 finishes will be my own TOTAL WAR mini-campaign, which is why I'm offering only my support, not my initiative....

And it's Doc von Cool I believe you were thinking of - WeBoB's Lord of Tournaments.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Just to say I spotted another single pink pixel, this time on 8620.bmp (the side view of the panzer III J short, on underside of hull, just forward of the leading ground wheel), and have added a fixed version of this bitmap to the existing Western Front Update patch (the 8th of the Western Front zip files) at CMMODS.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

My apologies Fenris, but I got fed up bothering with the Forum (or rather, some of those within it) some time ago and so I missed your message. Your question has been asked before but possibly not in public - and I'm afraid the answer is no. I only ever play and work with the Caffino CMAK grid mods. The grids are very subtle, not like some ugly bold lines you'll see in some other mods. However, if you really want to get rid of them, you could do what I'd have to do: which is open each tile in MSPaint, select the rows and columns of squares in between each grid line, and drag them a couple of pixels wider to cover the grid lines. A laborious task I can't be arsed with.

Never say never, of course, but I've no plans to be actively back on the Forum, and no plans to return to CMAK (I'm currently back into CMBO!), but if anyone has any question (or want to alert me to related Forum issue) they can email me directly using the address I give in all my mods readme files - I might reply to friendly or meaningful messages.

In closing, I'd just like to say that I appreciate you have a choice of weapons to be slaughtered with by the enemy, and wish to thank you on behalf of my few remaining brain cells for choosing to flee with Streety's mods. Have a nice day and enjoy your war!

You're welcome guys.

Just popped back again to add to my previous advice: that if anyone did try to remove grid-lines as per my previous message, they'd also have to go back over some of the stretched parts, by copying and pasting unstrecthed portions onto at least some of the stretched areas in order to break up the pattern of the stretch marks, otherwise the stretches will sometimes show up when you view the ground from certain angles/distances.

I'll be back if I get my CMBO conversion mod properly together (if anyone still plays it...), but right now I'm just happily deep into a huge solo play campaign and not modding.

Adios Amigos

• 2 weeks later...

You're most welcome. Actually, I took a tile and started to de-grid it to see how much time it would all take: forget it, it'd take an age to do it nicely. A better idea may be to go back to the stock tiles and mimic the desaturations and rebalancing I employed (not easy, because I kept no record of all the numbers and passes made). Even then, there'd be no prior ungridded version of my light snow, so that'd have to be manually de-gridded (but the light snow grids are the least visible anyway). But, if I do get around to compiling my CMBO version later this year, I'll revisit the tiles - just ain't making promises.

To anyone else reading this and potentially put off from trying the conversion, I just want to re-iterate that the 10m grids I use are more subtle than found in many mods: just visible enough to be useful when you pull back to view from tactical mid-ranges, but often hardly noticeable in close-up ground level viewing and when pulling right back to view the whole battlefield - at least that was my intention...

Have a good summer guys and gals (if you're in the northern hemisphere), - I'm off to the beer garden....

• 8 months later...
Does anyone know if this can still be downloaded from anywhere. It does not appear to be on CMMODS at this time. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

You could use this one for the time being:

David Ingletts CMAK European Theater Mod:

http://www.tspindler.de/cmak_mod/

This predates Streety's compilation, some of David's stuff may be in Streety's compilation I am not sure.

Scenarios /Operations available at:

The Scenario Depot II, CMAK: http://the-scenario-depot.com/index.html

The Proving Grounds, CMAK: http://www.the-proving-grounds.com/discussions_topics.html?game=cmak

You would have to search for the location and date for scenarios and operations for the CMAK Europeon Theater Mod.