New features wish list!

Womble, on another thread, mentioned:

The new packs will add features which neither patches nor modules have ever done before. The prospect of getting a new UI, or fire or amphibious movement before Bulge is released is quite mouthwatering.

Just for fun, what would be some of the features you'd personally like to see added to the game, either in the next set of released content or in the far future (2-4 years)?

Me personally, I'd love to see:

1. Amphibious capability

2. Anti-aircraft artillery

3. Melee

4. Off-map counter-battery fire.

:D

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fire & everything that comes with it

A man after my own heart.

List:

1.) +100 to Beastmasta

2.) No more disappearing vehicle passenger casualties.

3.) Hit decals.

4.) Non randomized vehicle textures (sounds like we could see that in one of the updates).

5.) Return of the 3D rubble inside a destroyed building's foot print (as of now it's all flat except for the sides).

And if I am gonna dream I guess I'll dream big...

5.) Debris terrain overlay (would spread trash/debris on top of all other ground textures)

6.) Scorched earth terrain tile.

7.) Set piece ruins...structures that we could place in the editor that are essentially destroyed. Like a building with only one side left standing, or a chunk of building with a door way. Examples:

18cornerruino.jpg

houseruindiorama.jpg

mna36039.jpg

rymrm014.jpg

wallformegatownfront01.jpg

These would really add to what we already have in the editor. Urban devastation would look incredible.

Mord.

Realism:

Dug in ATGs (with fog of terrain) + able to recrew

Scenario creation:

Triggers

Fun:

Full battle replay

Usability:

Switchable terrain grid overlay

Unit information window like in CMx1 to learn more about present units (content could be provided via txt/doc-file from the community - no work for BFC)

Agree with just about every request made so far - especially the quad 20mm! My list goes as follows:

- Infantry able to ride into battle via armoured steed - essential for the Eastern Front game.

- Roads which can be curved (with the ability for vehicles to navigate down them quicker than a blinded pensioner who's never learnt to drive).

- On a similar note much improved AI vehicle navigation.

- Ability to choose ammo carried on board support vehicles.

- Half tracks which stand up to bullets.

- Tank commanders which don't play out as cow sized bullet magnets (especially the Brits which seem to get it more than most).

- A 'hunt-quick' option. ie Selected unit will advance quickly but will hit the deck/halt as soon as it comes under fire.

-A 'hide-ambush' option. ie A unit will stay low but open fire when an enemy unit comes within a target arc/short range. In return they'd sacrifice some spotting capability (but not as much as the 'hide' option currently does), and some concealment (but not as much as is lost when no 'hide' is selected currenty).

- Shadow, or even better, model of attacking fighter aircraft... of course with quad 20mm able to open up on it!