First!

I love everything I'm hearing about these announcements except for one thing....that we are going to have the Invasion of Sicily without the Canucks and Brits of the 8th Army. We have the Americans of the 7th Army (plus Germans and Italians, obviously) but no Commonwealth. :(

Indeed, a strange decision at best. An Italian campaign...

I love everything I'm hearing about these announcements except for one thing....that we are going to have the Invasion of Sicily without the Canucks and Brits of the 8th Army. We have the Americans of the 7th Army (plus Germans and Italians, obviously) but no Commonwealth. :(

This assumes that there won't be any modules to the Italy game.

My SWAG would be that there will eventually be a Commonwealth module to the Italy game, which will add these forces.

We have the Americans of the 7th Army (plus Germans and Italians, obviously) but no Commonwealth. :(

They'll be in the module...just like with CMBN.

@YankeeDog...yep...it's right in the announcement that the preorder tin will have room for the other discs when they are released.

Mord.

This assumes that there won't be any modules to the Italy game.

My SWAG would be that there will eventually be a Commonwealth module to the Italy game, which will add these forces.

Oh, I already believe this will be so, but Sicily (Operation Husky) appears to be the focus of the initial module....therefore, omitting the Brits and Canadians seems wrong (though I do realize that having to do OOB/TOE for the 8th Army would increase workload by 1/4).

It just seems that Sicily is too small to accommodate a CW module on top of the Base game.

I'm going to guess that it will probably end up being a large CW in Italy module later on (CW units in Italy included the Brits, Canucks, Poles, Indians, Kiwis, Afrikaners and Brazilians, so that could be a lot good of content for a module).

Before you guys get all hot and bothered by no Commonwealth, CMFI is a Standalone product just like CMBN is. The Brits are for the module.

Not 'hot and bothered' at all.....as I said, I love everything in the announcements....just (slightly) disappointed that Sicily won't be a battle initially fought by 15th Army Group, just half of it. :)

The fun part was keeping all this a secret. A short while ago someone on the CMBN board was speculating about possible future titles and hit the nail squarely on the head - A Sicily invasion title continuing up through Italy - but luckily for us nobody believed him. :D