The Road Ahead

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is for me the best news of all. I have been waiting for this since back in the CMBB days.

I have yet to own any of the CMX2 modern stuff because it has not allowed the terrain or equipment that would most likely interest me to pit itself against each other. Now the time has finially arrived and I cannot wait for this to be released. Plus with the improvements to the game engine , I expect this to bring many, many hours or enjoyment.

I think I have to agree with you. As wetted in my drawers as I am about the rest of it, the Shock Force 2 in a European theatre is something I've been dreaming for a long while.

My Girlfriend wasnt happy at all about these wonderful announcments for these reasons

1/ She will become a Battlefront widow, due to the time I will be playing the games.

2/ She saw how excited I was and prepared herself mentaly for my passion and joy at so many new games. I was asked why I didnt get so ' Fiesty ', about visiting her parents.

3/ She knows what is on my mind in celebration of these wonderful announcements and is preparing herself. In the short term - I'm comming to get ya my love. In the long term - The widow effect when the games are on my computer. ;-)

I must admit I was disappointed about the Italy news. Same as I was when I heard that Total War went Samurai again (still annoyed about that). It seemed like a waste of time and energy to me. So I'm relieved to hear the other games (Normandy 2 and Eastern front) will be released within a year too. Wargamers sure have something to look forward too. Panther II's in the snow, now that would be something...

My Girlfriend wasnt happy at all about these wonderful announcments for these reasons

1/ She will become a Battlefront widow, due to the time I will be playing the games.

2/ She saw how excited I was and prepared herself mentaly for my passion and joy at so many new games. I was asked why I didnt get so ' Fiesty ', about visiting her parents.

3/ She knows what is on my mind in celebration of these wonderful announcements and is preparing herself. In the short term - I'm comming to get ya my love. In the long term - The widow effect when the games are on my computer. ;-)

Never neglect a woman, there are lots of guys out there who don't play wargames...;-)

I was asked why I didnt get so ' Fiesty ', about visiting her parents.

LOL! Talk about a question with a foregone reply! She must be desperate to even bring that up. Well, look on the bright side: from the sound of it, she'll be moving out pretty soon, which means you can devote all your time to gameplay without the annoying distractions of sex and hot meals, etc.

:D

Michael

LOL! Talk about a question with a foregone reply! She must be desperate to even bring that up. Well, look on the bright side: from the sound of it, she'll be moving out pretty soon, which means you can devote all your time to gameplay without the annoying distractions of sex and hot meals, etc.

:D

Michael

or bathing and frankly any attention to hygiene whether personal or the condition of your living quarters.

Jeez, we men really are swines, aren't we? Reminds me of something I read years ago: "Places where women live smell nice. Places where men live alone smell like dirty sox."

Michael

If I had any self respect I'd resent that. Man I am hungry, wonder if there are any potato chip crumbs in between the couch cushions...

Combat Mission fans have a lot to look forward to in the next year as the CMx2 game engine continues to produce games at an every faster pace. At the moment we have three games in active development and more planned. While we aren't in a position to make detailed announcements right now, we can tell you what the three are about (in no particular order):

1. CM: Battle for Normandy Module 2. This Module picks up where CM:BN and Commonwealth left off... with the September push out of France to the German border. The content centers around Operation Market Garden, though it covers more ground than just that. The game includes a number of new vehicles, formations, and new terrain models/textures. Adding new terrain, a first for any Module so far, ensures that you feel like you're fighting near Germany and not still back at the beacheads.

2. CM: Eastern Front 1. The first of four Eastern Front "families" starts with Operation Bagration (June 1944) and eventually covers through to the end of the war (May 1945). For many tactical warfare enthusiasts, this period is considered the most tactically interesting since both sides were at their peak of their military technology, organization, and experience. The scope and scale of the combat offers plenty of subject matter to explore.

3. CM: Shock Force 2. Our return to modern warfare is long overdue! Given how close Shock Force 1 was at predicting a conventional conflict in Syria, we're a little nervous about choosing a topic this time around. Especially because we've chosen to simulate a full spectrum conventional conflict between NATO and Russia in the Ukraine. This gives players a rich tactical environment to explore with the most advanced militaries the world has ever seen. Having said that, we hope the politicians aren't insane enough to try it for real. Even thought this is great stuff for a game, it's the last thing this world needs in real life.

We have more games planned for 2013, however we are making no formal announcements at this time. These three mini-announcements should be enough to keep you busy for a while.

Would it be possible to have a module to simulate a conventional conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in the 1980s and/or 1990s? I'm sure lots of people would be interested in that. I understand of course BFC isn't going to change their plans, but perhaps it would be a nice addition to CMSF2?

Would it be possible to have a module to simulate a conventional conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in the 1980s and/or 1990s? I'm sure lots of people would be interested in that. I understand of course BFC isn't going to change their plans, but perhaps it would be a nice addition to CMSF2?

Personally, I'd prefer Russia vs China. Or China vs India. Recognizing of course, that acquiring accurate data on Chinese forces could prove challenging. As the years pass it becomes more and more difficult to imagine NATO- with its multi-culti constituents- firing a shot in anger. At least without risible RoE restrictions.

Would it be possible to have a module to simulate a conventional conflict between NATO and the Warsaw Pact in the 1980s and/or 1990s?

Apparently that's intended as a whole new family of games, not just a module.

Especially because we've chosen to simulate a full spectrum conventional conflict between NATO and Russia in the Ukraine.

Michael

This is probably the best wargaming news day there has been in a long while. I am really looking forward to CMSF2. Don't get me wrong, I love CMBN and Italy is going to be a day one buy for me just for the area involved, I have played more CMSF then any of the series and this is like a dream come true to finally square off against the russians in the CM arena!!!!

Keep up the outstanding work.