The Road Ahead

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm opposed to youth in Asia...

That leaves me clear, I am far from a yute.

Sublime we might have, but LLF has certainly been the main driver for a Pacific game. The one I'd like to see is CM:Vietnam, but then again I really favor infantry engagements.

Love Russian Front. Bagration to end of war is great but what about earlier war series eg 3rd Kharkov, Kursk to Spring 1944 and Barbarossa to Stalingrad?

And maybe at some stage early war Blitzkrieg. You could do the Polish campaign, France, Desert War and Balkans theatre including Crete. This would be nice but not a priority for now :cool:

can anyone tell me if there ever was talk of a pacific theatre setting for CM?

There has been considerable talk over the years, and BFC has consistently squelched the idea. That doesn't mean it would never, ever happen, but you can rest assured that at this point it is 99% unlikely.

Michael

I still believe that Africa (torch, montgomery, rommel, italians), with the new engine, could be wonderful ... the old cm1-africa suffered from old graphics

It suffered from a lot of things, including multi-turreted tanks that could only engage one target at a time. BFC started out adamantly denying that there would be any return to the MTO, and yet here we are in Italy already. It's just a short step, developmentally speaking, to pop over to the southern shore if potential sales are thought to justify it. So don't give up. Keep sending in those cards and letters, especially the ones with the fat checks that can be deposited only on the condition that CM Africa gets released.

;)

Michael

There has been considerable talk over the years, and BFC has consistently squelched the idea. That doesn't mean it would never, ever happen, but you can rest assured that at this point it is 99% unlikely.

Michael

Thanks. Pity though...would be a lot of fun. I wonder what the resistance against the idea is all about.

I wonder what the resistance against the idea is all about.

If I understand their position correctly—and that's not a lead pipe certainty, you understand—in brief, the Pacific involves a different style of warfare they are not interested in trying to model. There is probably more to it than just that, but I think that is the nub of it.

Michael

I agree that theres a fair chance of us seeing Africa at some point. The Pacific though? If we do see it, I don't see it for years yet. Only because ever since I started frequenting these boards, in the fall of 1999, BFC's (then BTS') position has never ever changed on the Pacific, or Vietnam. Which is just no.

BFC has a long to-do list already. But one of these days they're going to get to a point where they say "What's next?" The list of likely candidates seems infinite but I somehow doubt we'll ever see conflicts like the Chaco war between Bolivia and Paraguay. There's the 'usual suspects' we all know waiting. The question is whether Steve retires to his luxury yacht or the zombie apocalypse comes before they manage to get to them. :)

Oh no, not the SS Das ReichZombie Division! :-)

Speaking of Das ReichI would really like to see CM Russian Front 1943. 3rd Kharkov, Kursk, Mius River, Dnieper River. There must be a game and a couple of expansions there now Battlefront have got the winter warfare and mid war German models. This series could end just before Bagration with the Soviet attempt to invade Roumania in spring 1944

Speaking of Das ReichI would really like to see CM Russian Front 1943. 3rd Kharkov, Kursk, Mius River, Dnieper River. There must be a game and a couple of expansions there now Battlefront have got the winter warfare and mid war German models. This series could end just before Bagration with the Soviet attempt to invade Roumania in spring 1944

That is the plan, according to BFC.

Looking around at CMFI: Gustav Line screenshot I've noticed one interesting thing on one of 'em:

There's an axis soldier aiming with panzershreck at Sherman tank. Nothing special, but that soldier was INSIDE the building(1st or basement floor), so - does this mean that infantry will be available to handle Shrecks/Bazookas while they're inside houses?

Second question is - how the backblast will be worked out?

Thanks ;)

Looking around at CMFI: Gustav Line screenshot I've noticed one interesting thing on one of 'em:

There's an axis soldier aiming with panzershreck at Sherman tank. Nothing special, but that soldier was INSIDE the building(1st or basement floor), so - does this mean that infantry will be available to handle Shrecks/Bazookas while they're inside houses?

Second question is - how the backblast will be worked out?

Thanks ;)

Here is the view from the axis side. I created the scene, he is not in a building. Never was, won't be unless BF changes something. Doesn't mean you can't create a tank unfriendly urban environment - yep that pretty much covers it.

GLScreenshots004_zpsb997c1ef.jpg