The Road Ahead

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says user 'Boche' (French slang for Germans, meaning cabbage). :D

:) but it doesn't mean 'cabbage'. I always thought it meant 'pigs' but thanks to the wonders of Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terms_used_for_Germans#Boches_.28offensive.2C_historical.29

About trading parts of the Ruhrgebiet for Mallorca: I'll offer Gelsenkirchen.

Bavaria is problematic: its going to secede before we can give it away...

;)

:) but it doesn't mean 'cabbage'. I always thought it meant 'pigs' but thanks to the wonders of Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terms_used_for_Germans#Boches_.28offensive.2C_historical.29

About trading parts of the Ruhrgebiet for Mallorca: I'll offer Gelsenkirchen.

Bavaria is problematic: its going to secede before we can give it away...

;)

Could you annex Tirol then exchange it for Mallorca? They are almost Bavarians, pants included. It will work for me.

Why next year? It came out in February of this year, didn't it?

Anyway, it is a gorgeous game that looks to be better than the average RTS, but it still is an RTS to it's very core. Not our audience's cup of tea even if we felt like doing battle with mega huge companies like Ubisoft.

They also have 50 employees. We have 5. Even if we had to compete against a game like this (and I do not think we do), it would be impossible because I can promise you we wouldn't sell enough to break even on just the energy drinks and donuts that company consumed making it. Oh wait... they're French. Soda and croissants :)

Steve

Wargame is in no way a run of the mill RTS. Play it and you'll see. If you want more employees you could always ask around ;)

Im getting sick of working on the RV2 engine and Armed Forces of the Russian Federation now.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I would like to see in the next generation of CM titles would be a battle recorder feature for both turn based and on real time battles. An option at the end to save the recording for later viewing.

It would allow real time players to learn from their mistakes easily. The technology surely must be there in the form of the replayable turn-based viewer.