AAR: Battle for the Niscemi Highway

I must admit I don't really like this unpredictable way of behaving from the side of BFC. It isn't necessary and we aren't little kids waiting for their Christmas presents. Market Garden is next and September is coming. No need for unexpected new base games, modules or weird stuff like that last toy they released.

I realize my opinion doesn't matter much, but I feel the need to express it anyway.

LOL None of our opinions matter much. :D Anyway all we have is a couple screen shots and the beginning of an AAR. We don't really know what it means yet.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We do know we are now back in 1943. And Italians are mentioned too. This is a most unexpected detour BFC is taking. We were expecting Market Garden, not Sicily 1943...

The fighting for North Africa (Tunis) is not far off either this way...

This is fantastic, I always found Sicily a fascinating battle after watching 'Patton' when I was a kid with my Grandad and have studied it closely since.

Is it just possible there might be some North African representation with this too? Now then I really would scream like a little girl.

I might be extrapolating a Bridge too Far here, but didn't CMAK have the Italian theatre in it?

Could it possibly be, that we might conceivably, perhaps mebbes, might see the rest of the area of operations depicted in CMAK in CMx2's glorious engine???

(I can dream can't I?)

I must admit I don't really like this unpredictable way of behaving from the side of BFC. It isn't necessary and we aren't little kids waiting for their Christmas presents. Market Garden is next and September is coming. No need for unexpected new base games, modules or weird stuff like that last toy they released.

I realize my opinion doesn't matter much, but I feel the need to express it anyway.

I'm with you Aragorn2002

So no A9's patrolling the desert dunes.

Why assume that? AK also had lots of desert environment (although not terribly well rendered IMHO). I can't recall offhand whether there were A9s, but there were all the A10s you could possibly lust after.

Michael

I am thrilled, and confused, but whatever. I am going to buy any CM product BF puts out. They know this, I know this, we all do it too. I kind of like the idea of CM: Sicily so on with the show gents!!!

Instead of some of us turning Lemonade into toilet water...how's about we wait and see what BFC has in mind. LOL. Jeez fellas, they announce something cool and there's still moaning. I doubt they gave up doing MG or patching CMBN or fixing what they said they would with the models. THIS is a positive thing! Lets try and be positive...AT LEAST until they officially announce what is what.

Mord.

No Mord, my friend, no good deed ever goes unpunished! BFC will tak a fair share of speculative ****e before this episode is through! You need to take off your rose- colored glasses and put on the ones with the dark clouds, rain, thunder, lightning and conspiracy theories.

There, isn't that better?

Yes, a third party mod seems most likely. Some random

observations:

1- The marquee value of the Italian Theater for wargamers is debatable. For the most part a grind over rivers, defensive works and mountainous terrain. But there's Anzio.

2- The Battle for Sicily lasted, what, six weeks? July to August.

3- The Fascist government surrendered in Sept.

4- Italians were mentioned by the OP. Given the time frame, is the plan to create Italian formations/vehicles worth the effort?

5- Including N. Africa would entail A LOT more formations/vehicles. Although Tunisia could be doable- maybe.

6- Some of the icons in the screenie exhibit unusual symbols.

7- Quite a bit or work or modding remains to be done with the environmental graphics.

This is fantastic, I always found Sicily a fascinating battle after watching 'Patton' when I was a kid with my Grandad and have studied it closely since.

Is it just possible there might be some North African representation with this too? Now then I really would scream like a little girl.

Seems to me that CMFI gives you just about everything you'd need for Tunisia, although you might have to be careful with the buildings to get villages looking right. If someone modded, say, a cactus bush and you used some of LLF's Pacific palm trees...you're there.

Instead of some of us turning Lemonade into toilet water...how's about we wait and see what BFC has in mind. LOL. Jeez fellas, they announce something cool and there's still moaning. I doubt they gave up doing MG or patching CMBN or fixing what they said they would with the models. THIS is a positive thing! Lets try and be positive...AT LEAST until they officially announce what is what.

Mord.

LOL yeah really, well i think they have answered all that. Amazing what a little patience will get you eh.

Damn it is a good day. pre ordered a new CM game and have others already on the hit parade for the next 12 months. It's a great day to be a fanboi. :D

I might be extrapolating a Bridge too Far here, but didn't CMAK have the Italian theatre in it?

Could it possibly be, that we might conceivably, perhaps mebbes, might see the rest of the area of operations depicted in CMAK in CMx2's glorious engine???

(I can dream can't I?)

And with the CW units now and CMFI terrain, seems no reason you couldn't make battles for Kiwis in Crete ( a modder paints the buildings white) or Poles in Cassino...

You know, with all the improvenents to, well, everything--GUI, models, theaters of war-- covering almost all of the usual suspects' "it's broken" complaints, I wonder what they will complain about now? Maybe even some of them will become fanbois.