I want some updates on sc3!

Hi Kuniworth,

No updates just yet but I can at least give you a sneak peak of the official Fury Software world headquarters. This is me hard at work in my office with some of the latest equipment to help expedite the development of SC3:

Fury Headquarters

Interesting game link there Bill, name of the game even sounds familiar too :rolleyes:

Hubert

Quit the smoking mate. And what's up with this Waltero-dude looking down your pants? http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=104561

Hi Kuniworth,

No updates just yet but I can at least give you a sneak peak of the official Fury Software world headquarters. This is me hard at work in my office with some of the latest equipment to help expedite the development of SC3:

Fury Headquarters

Interesting game link there Bill, name of the game even sounds familiar too :rolleyes:

Hubert

Looks like late '80s very early '90s to me.

I'm very interested in this new project like SC3. I have plenty of ideas to share. For example it will be very realisitc to give support in MPP from USRR to Germany between autumn 1939 to 22 june of 1941. I don't understand why Soviet Union is treated in SC series like natural allied for western countrys. It wasn't at all. Many historians wrote about it. Maison, Pipes, Suvorov, Bieshanov, Solonin and many others. Soviets sends to Germany EVERYTHING what they need. Even meteorogical ships in 1940 goes to Atlantik and send to germans informations about weather over GB during Battle of Britain. Soviet Iceabreaker "Stalin" ( sic! ), ironicly, break an ice for breakthrought to german ship to give him way to Japan ( ! ). In 1939 russian radio station in Minsk helps german bombers to get their targets over Warsaw. French coummunist get many sabotage action against french army to help Germans. Between 1939 and 1941 demarcation line over Poland was changed several times because von Ribbentrop wants to take some hunting in woods of Bialystok or another time when Beria was interested in some lakes or woods. Ribbentrop say one time to Molotov that actualy there are no differences betwen nazis and bolsheviks ( sic! ).

Germany takes from USSR iron, molibden, cole, oil, petrol, everything you can imagine. Soviet soldiers studied in german academies. Germans in soviet.

Those countries cooperate on FULL SCALE. It wasn't only taking half of Poland and silent. There are even documents about giving many jewish people by NKVD to SS. Gestapo officers was trained in USRR how to build and organize mechanism of terror, concentration camps.

USRR was agressor like Germany. Anexed Baltic states, Besarabia, Karelia. Killed thousands of officers, intelectualists from Baltic States and Poland.

After 'Fall Weiss' Hitler live all polish officers to homes. In soviet zone all polish officers was shamely MURDERED ( sic! ). Stalin hates Poland with all his heart because Soviets lost battle near Warsaw/Radzymin in 1920. Soviets even killed polish communists in 1939 and 1938.

By the way it will be OK to give information in 1943 about founding graves of polish soldiers in Katyn and killing og general Sikorski in Gibraltar. Those facts was very, very important for NOT NATURAL alliance between hated by Churchill Soviet Union and western Allies.

Beside this Soviets build something about 25.000 tanks, 200 submarines, 30.000 pieces of artillery all kinds, 20.000 airplanes. First METAL bomber 4 engines TB-3. First paratroopers unit in the world ( sic! ). One million trained. First heavy tanks like T-38, T-35, KV1. Whole world has 0 heavy tanks.

German military power was much, much lower than soviet. Of course morale, organization, and morale was much more higher than in USRR. People of Soviet Union hate their regime. So that was one of the reasons of weaknes of red army. Every army is strong like their society is strong.

General von Seeckt sais about ABSHNIT. This theory was about that army is true picture of society.

And very important to say about operation 'Thunder' on 01 july of 1941.

And many, many others prepositions about new SC3 game. It will be very nice for me to cooperate in creating of new strategy game. :)

Sorry for my english. I'm interesting in cooperation very much. :)

Here is a discussion of "Operation Thunder" from another forum.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=63302

and

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?p=284143

As to the death of Sikorski, I doubt there will ever be a definitive answer as to whether or not it was an accident as it is not currently in the interests of either Poland, Russia or the UK to find otherwise.

• 2 months later...

I remember a "Gaylord" from way back, but it wasn't just "Gaylord"....there was more. Speaking of more, this has been the "way" of SC. We, as the forum community very rarely get "more", where as other game developers sometimes interact with their fanbase as the creation progresses.

Not sure why this is the Battlefront....or Hubert's policy, it is not for me to question, I'm sure they have their reasons, I can think of several off hand, but my skin is thick. In fact ... it is cynically armored to a degree that I could care less about other peoples' perceptions of my artistic rendition. Care is one thing, but enlightenment is another, and if you "care" to be a wise man, then class is never over, education is infinite and conceptual thought is without bounds.

That, the human intellect, is truelly the thing it seems other species are without.....as far as we know, and why an artist would not tap into such a stream of knowledge escapes me.:confused:

I remember a "Gaylord" from way back, but it wasn't just "Gaylord"....there was more. Speaking of more, this has been the "way" of SC. We, as the forum community very rarely get "more", where as other game developers sometimes interact with their fanbase as the creation progresses.

Not sure why this is the Battlefront....or Hubert's policy, it is not for me to question, I'm sure they have their reasons, I can think of several off hand, but my skin is thick. In fact ... it is cynically armored to a degree that I could care less about other peoples' perceptions of my artistic rendition. Care is one thing, but enlightenment is another, and if you "care" to be a wise man, then class is never over, education is infinite and conceptual thought is without bounds.

That, the human intellect, is truelly the thing it seems other species are without.....as far as we know, and why an artist would not tap into such a stream of knowledge escapes me.:confused:

Well well what do we have here. SM finally showing some fatigue and for the first time ever showed some criticism of things. It's about time dude, we've been here waiting for god damn 10 years this month. So before you slip back into the old you(which you already have), please understand that beeing such a loyal member of the fan club gives you the right to opinion. In fact it's a good thing.

I'm vocal but that's just because I want a great game. And beeing here for 10 years is proof of loyalty(or perhaps insanity).

SC 3

There a few things I really want:

1. A sophisticated tripartite (Democracy/Fascist/Communist) diplomacy system which feeds into a political model. This would be hard but an absolute breakthrough.

2.Better operational movement (so you move one zone or X hexes maximum per op move not across the world in a single hop).

3. Better supply rules when cooperative and non-cooperative allies interact 9especially a problem now when Germany and Japan carve up Russia).

4. No animations or 3D effects but a beautiful watercolour map with 2D counters. In this some of the competitor games to SC are doing better.

5. Go back to hexes.

Days of Desicion III dose a superb political system of the three politcos of the era. Hexes? Huberts system is quite good and well proven. Operatipnal movement has been greatly improved in this series. Supply definately should be more accurate!

Hi all

We definitely will announce things when the time is right, but there is a danger in premature announcements and also because so much of what we're doing is conceptual, yet concepts change over time through discussion and practice.

Even though we don't always comment, we are always making note of the numerous great suggestions made on all the SC forums, they are appreciated, and many of the ideas get mulled over, sometimes over long periods, as we see what we can do to oblige.

In terms of SC3, there are some elements of it that are being introduced in Breakthrough, therefore Breakthrough is a testing ground for things like the Deployment Phase and new supply rules... with much more to come in the future for SC3!

Including of course, a return to hexes...

Bill

Here's an idea I've been thinking about, the strength/combat effectiveness algorithm. Instead of using additions, multiplier, try the inverse. First of all define the absolute highest strength unit attainment the game could ever see, all teched up, 100% supply/readiness, reinforced to the max, best weather conditions/terrain deployment, combined arms scheme, etc. etc. and then subtract, divide from there.

Say it's 100, no unit will ever see that strength, so 99 on down, a two place holder, and a lot more room for modifiers, the processor will crunch the numbers.

And Kuni....happy 10th, seems you are "growing" up!:P

Agreed. It will make movement - particularly long-range movement like aircraft, naval vessels, and high-mobility armour - much more realistic.

I am very interested to see if V3 is a series of (useful) tweaks, or finds a significantly new way to do the mechanics of strategic gaming.

But hexes alone will sell it.

Hexes is great. Would be cool though if you could have the ambition to revolutionize war gaming with a whole new concept.

It's always useful to aim for innovative gaming and thinking new. Let's do it open source Bill and Hubert, use our community to help much more acctively(Seamonkey is correct) and then go for world calss innovative gaming. We can do it, yes we can!

Exactly right Kuni. I did see a little promise from Hubert and Bill back when we had an in depth discussion about supply, sure would be nice to see a return to that openess.

One thing we all must guard against is becoming alienated just because our ideas are not adopted, no ruffled feathers, state your case and then be supportive of the path of creation.

We can do this!