Blue and Gray

A beautiful and natural-looking map. Well done! The west-looking view actually gave me a chill of recognition because I could see the buildings of what I think is La Nicollerie and Hill 108 in the distance. Those of you accustomed to the flat, watery Normandy higher in the Cotentin and around Carentan will be surprised by how hilly the terrain starts to get around this area.

Those of you accustomed to the flat, watery Normandy higher in the Cotentin and around Carentan will be surprised by how hilly the terrain starts to get around this area.

Thanks!

Well-stated. Please press "1" or "2" periodically, when you take for granted what you can see, and become unforgiving toward what mere mortals can see!

vhga5x.jpg

I played through the first mission last night, and I had a blast. Really good scenario and those who have been screeming for d-day beach landing scenarios should check it out for sure. Im looking forward to continue this campaign.

Thanks Crushingleeek!

It can and did, Ive been reading many military accounts over the years and lets just say almost anything can happen and will in war.

eg. A Sherman ramming a King Tiger in an open field...big nuts required.

A long burst from a MG42 taking out the driver of a Sherman which then goes out of control and plunges down a 80 foot ravine. Not only did the rest of the crew survive but they also managed to drive the tank back out.

Basic thing is that anything can happen and its fantastic that Battlefront have included the ' anything can happen'.:eek:

It can and did, Ive been reading many military accounts over the years and lets just say almost anything can happen and will in war.

eg. A Sherman ramming a King Tiger in an open field...big nuts required.

A long burst from a MG42 taking out the driver of a Sherman which then goes out of control and plunges down a 80 foot ravine. Not only did the rest of the crew survive but they also managed to drive the tank back out.

Basic thing is that anything can happen and its fantastic that Battlefront have included the ' anything can happen'.:eek:

thanks. I love the anything can happen aspect. But i'm play testing my villiers-fossard scenario, and i am testing the mission. my mid-production m8, buttoned armored car is reproducibly having all four crew members quickly (one turn) killed by machine gun fire. anyone have insight as to whether the armor of an M8 permitted this outcome?

my test shows that mg42 team will only fire upon an unbuttoned m8, with a head sticking out.

but, at close range, if there is a little elevation to the mg team, ie on 2nd floor or a hill, it will still fire on a buttoned m8, presumably because they think they have an angle into the unprotected canopy. the results are devastating

Hull top 6mm

Bottom 3mm

Side 9mm

Bouncing off the road then : )

Actually it was open-topped so if on a slight elevation you might get richochets in the turret. In game given bodies vapourise in game and crew move to new positions it may be possible.

But actually not impossible anyway according to this:

http://www.panzerworld.net/armourpenetration

Thats 13mm at 30 degrees at 100metres. So closer and better angle will all make a difference. Penetration at 500metres is till a respectable 8mm at 30 degrees so remember how little armour half-tracks have.

Hull Front, Upper 16 mm, 5/8", 0.625"@0°4 Hull Front, Lower 19 mm, 0.75" Hull Sides, Upper 9 mm, 3/8", 0.375"@0°4 Hull Sides, Lower 9 mm, 3/8" Hull Rear 9 mm, 3/8", 0.375"@0°4 Hull Top 6 mm, 0.25" Hull Bottom 3 mm, 1/8-1/4" Turret Front 19 mm, 0.75", 0.875"@0°4 Turret Sides 19 mm, 0.75", 0.75"@0°4 Turret Rear 19 mm, 0.75"

where can i find a similar table for US/Allied weapons penetration values?

There are a few threads with penetration tables at the "Few Good Men" club. There was a link to the relevant forums not very long ago. I can't vouch for their accuracy/usefulness, having only stumbled over them while having a shufty at the forums.