T72 Balkans on fire 2?

Hello gents, this is a public shout out to the Battlefront crew concerning T72BOF! I'm an old time player of this sim and had quite a lot of fun at it, on occasion i still find myself coming back to it here and there. Its a great tank sim and it screams for a little love and perhaps a sequel. This was a game with much promise but came to a halt in its development as did T34 Vs Tiger which I'm sure we all remember. So my question in general is; Is there any potential for a sequel or perhaps a new tank sim all together? And if you guys have not put any thought to it i would love to drill the idea in your heads :) The community is there without question, and a lot of people don't want to dish out the dough for a sim like SB PE 2.6. Not to mention, it is also showing its age.

I would appreciate any feed back be it be from my fellow tankers or the staff at battlefront!

Blackbird.

First off, thank you for your hastily reply. And its quite sad to hear of this disbandment, there is a lacking in good tank sims. If i may press the matter, is it forsable or possible that Battlefront could independently or with a new development team produce a new Tank sim? I only ask knowing that you already have a massive variety of products lined up? Thank you,

Blackbird.

Battlefront creates the Combat Mission series (we are the 'developer' and 'distributor'). Other games we resell are created by other developers and we may just be one of many distributors for that particular game series. Typically we don't initiate the development of a game. Developers come to us (or we may possibly contact them) about distributing their games that are already finished or close to being finished.

I assume if another tank sim comes along that looks well engineered and fits our customer base, we may decide to distribute it. Admittedly Steam looks a bit more promising for a lot of developers due to its large audience, though it is an expensive option to utilize due to usually low prices and high overhead costs (Steam DRM/distribution). Other developers have gone the independent route or have utilized other distributors (Matrix Games, Paradox, etc.).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Blackbird, I'm very happy to see that there are other fans of this great game out there. I think that you should do what I did and start dabbling with T-72 BOF's Mission Editor in the cache file of the T-72 BOF game you installed on your computer. I have played around with it a lot. I have uploaded 8 missions for T-72 BOF to the Battlefront Repository. Most are updated versions of the missions from the T-72 BOF campaign. A couple are new missions altogether.

It doesn't stop there though. I have numerous new missions I have not shared, and have played around with changing the weapon systems in the tanks. For instance in the T-34/85 OMG Mission I uploaded, I gave the user's T-34 a stablized main gun, and an internal firefighting system. In missions I have not uploaded, I have switched out the T-34's 85mm gun with the T-55's 100mm gun. I have also put a guide feature into the Mi-8 helicopter's rockets. The later did not work out to well - but I still was able to do it and they did guide.

Also, I have found that you can add Atomic bomb strikes to the game, MLRS fire for effects, as well as howitzer artillery and MLRS smoke fire for effects (artillery barrages). One of the next things I'm going to try is to switch out the rockets on the Mi-8 with B-11 107mm guns. It may be a dead end, but we'll see. Anyway, I just wanted to chime in and let you know that you don't have to wait for someone else to design, develop, and market a sequel to T-72 BOF, you can learn how and make new missions on your own with this one. :-)

Mortarman Deke