AAR GOLD Fall Weiss

attachment.php?attachmentid=1427&stc=1&d=1337499074

Hey guys, I love that game and I love the old Fall Weiss from Weapons and Warfare. And now Winti ask me to help making his campaign better. He called it 1939 Storm over Europe Fastplay. For me it is the "Fall Weiss" ;)

So it was clear from the beginning that I help him. We testing that campaign and there is some need to do that because of the new features "forced march" and "swapping" but it is a quick fun campaign.

First turn:

Did you remember the old battlefield of Fall Weiss? Here it is. Only small corrections at the Low contries. I see two new polish cavalary but that fit very well, isn't it?

attachment.php?attachmentid=1429&stc=1&d=1337499777

Here is my overall plan to break thru the lines to Warsaw. I am going to the south.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1428&stc=1&d=1337499710

Here is one reason of the need to adapt the map. The army with no motorization could forced his march to the front.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1430&stc=1&d=1337499789

post-17207-141867623979_thumb.jpg

post-17207-14186762398_thumb.jpg

post-17207-141867623981_thumb.jpg

We started the game with the new version which already contains the changes made with the v105 patch to the Original SOE. (soon will be available the v6 to download from the repository)

The biggest change that if no British unit in France, then France can potentially collapse even before Paris captured, due to the national morale

Concerning forced march, if you see the 39 World at War campaign a German non motorized army can reach the outskirt of Warsaw from Breslau just like in this scenario, it seems to me not so unique, and also in the other hand you get a 25-40% penalty of morale.

Yes forced march is not neccessary to beat Poland early but it is an option. Later in the game on other circumstances it may be important and I think it makes the game more variable. Let us come back to my Axisturn. I DOW the Low Countries which is not beatable in one turn on turn 2. There is a new property "Eben Emael" placed on the map. This fortification for the Allies is a good idea Winti has for a good gameplay. My tank could not destroy the corps at Eben Emael but another unit did. Maybe it was a mistake to DOW the Low Countries at turn 2 since bad wheather appears soon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1431&stc=1&d=1337580175

post-17207-141867623982_thumb.jpg

SOE_Amadeus_Winti_06a.png

Next turn is made. As you guys see I could take Brussels. Hard work since the french units are many in numbers. But I guess they could be a bit better in the combat target data.

SOE_Amadeus_Winti_06.png

Anyway at the moment the campaign seems balanced to me. :)

In the mean time my Forces in Africa is almost eliminated, but seems to be the heavy force concentration there on Axis side prevented to have a strong push in Ukraine for Barbarossa.

The auxiliary forces facing some local counterattacks. Also they are found strong resistance in Yugoslavia and it is now the 3rd month the fights on going there.

42july1.jpg

In the north the situation is not that good looking for Russia, lots of German panzers rolling forward, supported by the Luftwaffe

42july2.jpg