Obligitory Wish List Thread

ClaytoniousRex mentioned having us chime in on improvements we would like to see. I didn't see any one thread for these, so I'll start it instead of spamming the update thread, feel free to add to it.

-Icons visible in playback

-Pause in playback

-Optional unit bases

-Improved sprites in zoom-out mode

-Ability to set unit facing direction

The mentioned "advanced" mode, if possible, sounds like most of us here would use it. Buttoning up tanks being one of the added orders. I agree that the iPad needs to be kept fairly light and fast, but a little added to the strong base that exists would be nice for us CM old timers.

I'll mention also that some of the infantry animations are off in terms of speed. I believe "move fast" is the most sped up. The poor little guys legs are working so fast, I'm afraid they will start doing the old Hanna Barbera cartoon thing where the legs turn into a blurred wheel. Also, the animation where the AT crew member uses the binoculars is too fast.

-Icons visible in playback

Optional!!! I like the current version without floating icons.

And maybe it's just my problem, but very hard to unselect a unit when I start to add waypoints, but I changed my mind and I want they where they are... then I undow the waypoints, but after the last one, the selected unit cannot be unselected, because always want me to tap for the waypont. It could be great some nice unselect option.

Unless I've missed something, the game currently lacks any kind of Face or Rotate in place command -- it's not always easy or practical to get vehicles especially facing the way you want them to via movement orders, and in any event, as far as I can tell you can't change facing at at all during setup.

OR... there is a way to do this and I haven't figured it out yet. In which case, please do educate me.

Optional!!! I like the current version without floating icons.

And maybe it's just my problem, but very hard to unselect a unit when I start to add waypoints, but I changed my mind and I want they where they are... then I undow the waypoints, but after the last one, the selected unit cannot be unselected, because always want me to tap for the waypont. It could be great some nice unselect option.

Right now the way to do this is to place a waypoint (anywhere, really) and then immediately click on the STOP button. A little bit of a clutch and perhaps not immediately clear, but it works well and with just one extra tap over an Undo button (which would have added clutter to the interface).

I've played a few battles now and feel like I'm missing a few things:

- When using the top center button to position the camera: If you touch a unit icon, go to that position AND set the camera to the facing of that unit.

- Provide the top center button to position the camera during the replay phase.

- Option to show unit icons in replay phase.

- Ability to lock camera to unit in replay phase! (using three above features) This really adds to immersion factor in replay.

- Show unit stats at the end of the battle. It's really nice to know who did what.

TT

Ability to lock camera to unit in replay phase! (using three above features) This really adds to immersion factor in replay.

This is in already. Just tap any unit during playback and the lock view button will appear at the top of the screen.

Show unit stats at the end of the battle. It's really nice to know who did what.

You can select units after the AAR and view their info (even enemy units). Are you looking for something else than that?

And thanks all for the suggestions!

So that's what that lock is for! Maybe at least a quick reference is needed for documentation? And what is the little command icon towards the right for infantry that looks like they are laying down - hide?

For unit stats, I'm talking about kill stats. At the end of the battle in CMBN, when you click on a unit it will show you how many casualties it caused and what vehicles it destroyed.

- Ability to set unit facing direction

- Cover arc

Interesting.

I noticed the “absence” of those, along with button/unbutton, but took them to be deliberate and understandable design decisions. Adding commands is easy, but keeping the UI slick isn’t. Ditching those three commands simplifies the UI substantially, and also significantly reduces the amount of micromanaging the player can attempt. The men and vehicles seem pretty good and quick at orienting themselves to the appropriate threat direction, and I think the small number of units and short timeframes greatly reduces the need for arcs.

In essence, since neither side can face/arc/button, and because they weren’t left out accidentally, I realised that they aren’t important for this game.

I don’t miss them for this game, and aren’t particularly interested in seeing them get added.

My wish list:

-Polish: smoother scrolling.

-Polish: the pinch-to-zoom gestures are exactly backwards for iOS idioms. On iOS, "pinch out" means "zoom closer."

-Feature request: cinematic camera. Sure, I can scoot my camera all over manually, but it would be even better if I could let the game drive: the game would decide when an event was 'significant' and take me to it.

I think this works very well within the limitations of the platform.

A couple of suggestions for improvement which hopefully are not too difficult:

1 I am have a red / green colour vision deficiency (quite common). I find the light tan? German unit markers and the olive green American unit markers very difficult to tell apart. Why not have field grey for the Germans?

2 White text on sand background very hard to read. A translucent box behind the text would help.

Chatter and responses from the Germans in German might also be nice, although I appreciate this makes a useful source fo information more difficult to follow.

The biggest things that I want, is a Hotseat Multiplayer, a turn/face action (ESPECIALLY FOR TANKS) and smoother camera controls. More specifically that it lags terribly when I move the camera fast.

After that is a bunch of little stuff. Like graphics/performance improvement. But I mean hey, for the first release, I was surprised at the quality. I was not expecting much when I bought it. But please add some fixes and features :-)

In essence, since neither side can face/arc/button, and because they weren’t left out accidentally, I realised that they aren’t important for this game.

I don’t miss them for this game, and aren’t particularly interested in seeing them get added.

I have run into a couple of situations where the facing has caused some issues.

1) in my current game, I can't get my single infantry soldier to point away from the tank rolling away from him 75 yards away, he continually chooses to uselessly ping the tank with rifle shots instead of crawling towards the approaching LMG crew on the other side of a hill that he can't see yet. My thought here is that since he can see the tank he won't disengage it.

2) My understanding from reading the forums is that cover arc could result in faster target acquisition. Ran into a situation where i had two tanks in flanking positions to a road. There was hedgerow cover so the enemy tank could not see mine, and a gap in the hedgerow for my tanks to fire atthe road as soon as the enemy tank appeared. Imagine my chagrin as the enemy tank just whizzed by down the road without my tanks getting a chance to fire before it crossed the gap. I had to chase down the tank, which ended up getting to the victory point and demolishing both of my tanks, costing me the game.

A LOS tool during set up would be nice. Sucks to place your FO someplace thinking you have LOS, but then not having it during orders phase.

I haven't played CM since back when I ran OS 9! I am LOVING this game, even with the ver. 1.0 warts. I'm now exclusively on an iPad 2, but this could be the reason I upgrade to an iPod 3.

Quick switching between selected units (Next/previous unit), this helps find them all and reduces clicking in and out while setting orders.

Scenario editor (Separate IOS App or PC App with export), to give this the longevity it deserves.

British and Canadian Forces

Feedback on effectiveness/chance of hitting when selecting a target

Great Job so far