Why no iPad 1 support ?

Because the real point of CM:Touch is so we can film you guys frantically waving your hands while the AI does a number on you and then airing it on youtube.

Seriously though, i expect that is some default response from Apple that is more about the iPad 1 just not having the oomph for the app. Maybe the camera is the first item that shows up different. The BFC site clearly says iPad 2 and new iPad so me thinks you are gonna need an upgrade.

Yeah, I suspect the no camera message is just a minor error in how iOS is signaling that the app is incompatible with the device -- the marketing materials and app description on the app store clearly state that the game is requires iPad2 and iPad(3rd Gen.). 1st Gen. iPad lacks the graphics horsepower to run the game, apparently.

If you contact CS, and explain that you accidentally bought the app for an incompatible device, Apple is usually pretty good about offering refunds for this kind of thing.

Yeah, the real problem here is that the 3D chip in the iPad 1 is insufficient.

But in the app store you can't form that into an expression that can be enforced pre-sale/pre-download. But conveniently the pads with the real 3D chips also have a front camera, so you can use that for filtering.

The iPad 1 has half the internal working memory of the iPad 2 (and i believe 1/4 of the "new iPad"), and an inferior 3d chip. It struggles to manage memory using basic apps, as they have gotten more complex since the iPad release. Occasionally it needs to be turned off and on again before playing complex 3d games, simply to clear it's meagre memory. The only functional difference between the iPad 1 and 2+ generations though, is the presence of a camera.

I loved my iPad 1, but honestly it crashed a lot. There were a lot of webpages it would randomly crash on (from what I've read apparently webpages that use a lot of JavaScript cause it problems). Plus there were a fair amount of games that would randomly crash.

I'm not at all surprised Combat Mission: Touch doesn't run on an iPad1. It's definitely one of the more complex games I've seen for the iPad.

I know it's not financially doable for a lot of people, but if possible pickup an iPad (3rd Generation). It really is a huge step up from the iPad1.