Sign in to follow this  
thejetset

Red Button Crash after Setup

I've noticed that this problem is happening quite a bit with several people after installing the CW Module. (I've seen it several times in the forums) ... So I'm going to bring it up fresh again to generate some more noise on the issue.

I've had this happen during WeGo and in PBEM games. (2 different instances now)

- Always happens after Setup ... After hitting the "Red Button" the game just freezes and then crashes. The next turn is not generated.

- Have tried removing all mods (with the game off and then restarting the game)

- Have tried restarting the computer

- Have tried hitting the Red Button without even issuing orders.

I can't go back to any previous saves because it is the setup ... there are no previous saves

I purchased CM:BN when it first came out and did not have this problem in the 9+ months of playing it. I also never had this problem with the 1.01 patch.

This problem just started happening with the CM module (1.10 patch)

I am running Windows7 64bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can also send the turn that I am trying to send and provide the password so we can see if the problem repeats on other computers.

Also, anyone else experiencing this problem should put a "Me too" reply so we can see if lots of people are occasionally getting this crash

I think there are a few teething problems with 1.10. Personally, I'm waiting for 1.11 in a few months time that hopefully will resolve issues on both PC and Mac.

I've noticed that this problem is happening quite a bit with several people after installing the CW Module. (I've seen it several times in the forums) ... So I'm going to bring it up fresh again to generate some more noise on the issue.

I've had this happen during WeGo and in PBEM games. (2 different instances now)

- Always happens after Setup ... After hitting the "Red Button" the game just freezes and then crashes. The next turn is not generated.

- Have tried removing all mods (with the game off and then restarting the game)

- Have tried restarting the computer

- Have tried hitting the Red Button without even issuing orders.

I can't go back to any previous saves because it is the setup ... there are no previous saves

I purchased CM:BN when it first came out and did not have this problem in the 9+ months of playing it. I also never had this problem with the 1.01 patch.

This problem just started happening with the CM module (1.10 patch)

I am running Windows7 64bit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can also send the turn that I am trying to send and provide the password so we can see if the problem repeats on other computers.

Also, anyone else experiencing this problem should put a "Me too" reply so we can see if lots of people are occasionally getting this crash

Add me to the "me too" reply.

I have exactly the same problem and symptoms/observations you have described and I am also using Win7 64 bit.

I had originally emailed tech support with this problem earlier in the week, no reply. I then discovered the "ticket" system and submitted it on Thursday....still no reply/acknowledgement. I had provided links to the saved file that gave me the lock ups/crashes when the red button is pressed.

Can we at least get some official acknowledgment and comment? Seems this is quite a common problem that seems to be CW mod related.

The game I started was a CW operation so it is not a 1.01 to 1.10 saved game incompatibility issue.

Could just be patch related.I don't have CW yet but playing the base game patched up to date,if you save the game in the set-up phase and try playing from the save onwards.Crash to desktop.Just my two cents worth.

Can we at least get some official acknowledgment and comment? Seems this is quite a common problem that seems to be CW mod related.

100% agree .. this affects games quite regularly, especially for PBEMs it's a game killer, since you have to start over.

How is this going to be handled? Are we going to have to wait 6 months for some kind of resolution?

Well, first we need to figure out what the problem is. Something like this is notoriously difficult to track down (unlike a bug that happens every time and can be reliably reproduced). There is no magic wand to wave and make a problem like this go away, but you can rest assured that all support tickets are investigated.

Hello Moon,

One was a scenario that came with the CW module. The other was a battle from the Fredrocker campaign.

I have the file that is causing the problem with the Fredrocker campaign. If you want, I can upload to box.net or email it to you together with the password.

Maybe the error will reproduce itself on one of the rigs you guys have at BF?

Cheers

Hello Team BattleFront,

Would you like me to send the PBEM file that is triggering the error?? Would that help any?? If so, I can email it to you or give you access to the box.net folder.

Same here, Win 7 64 bit.

First time for me w/CW - though I haven't played it more than a few times.

It was a WEGO QB: attack - med - village - QB-202.btt

I have just finished setting up my troops for the first turn - Red button freezes & crashes CMBN.

I would like to submit the file, because it does it every time.

I loaded up a previous QB (created before CW) and it ran just fine.

Same problem here. But it has only happened in one game so far, my current PBEM is unaffected. I am playing a campaign (Kampfgruppe Engel), it took me three tries to get the first mission started. After that I was able to save and restart a couple of times no problem. But now I can't get the second mission started, I can setup but when I hit the button it bombs. I have tried it three times and it does it every time. Can I send the file?

Hpt. Lisse - yes, please send the file to me, that would be great. My email is my first name, at battlefront.com.

wadepm - are you saving during the setup phase?

Hpt. Lisse - yes, please send the file to me, that would be great. My email is my first name, at battlefront.com.

wadepm - are you saving during the setup phase?

Hi Phil,

I will send you my file that is having the same problem as well.

Hi Phil,

My file is a little over 10Mb and is getting rejected by your server. I can give you access to the box.net folder where it is located if you want and you can download directly ... just let me know how to get it to you.

Also, as Lisse said, thank you very much for looking into this.

I think we've sorted this one out. There should be a fix in the next patch. Thanks for your reports.

I think we've sorted this one out. There should be a fix in the next patch. Thanks for your reports.

Any idea when this will be or do we have to wait for the next module?

Any chance we can get a hotfix for this before the next patch? Even if its a beta? This bug is really, really annoying. I wouldn't mind a 'use at your own risk' quickfix. The prospect of waiting for months enduring this unnerving ctd is depressing... I suffer it quite frequently, sadly.

Sign in to follow this