Preview WIP New CMBN CW Portraits

Mord

I'll have to see...every addition, at least for the SS guys means nine more files X the six divisions I have to do. Now, imagine that across the whole spectrum of the mod...the conservative count will be around 728 portraits when finished...That doesn't include all the throw-a-ways and test Bmps....nor what I have done already 'cause I basically have to fix everything.

But if I can squeeze it in I will.

However, if something looks goofy I still want you guys to tell me.

Mord.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...

ouchi.jpg

finalver.jpg

I FINALLY NAILED IT!!! I've pushed and pushed and pushed and I think I have went as far as I can go to get these perfect. So, THIS is the design I will follow with all the other portraits. The heads are just right. They show enough of the face and helmet and there is plenty of room for the backgrounds to show through...I added shadow to the hat and helmet brims and I think it really makes the difference.

I hope you guys dig these as much as I do and can really see the quality in the development of the pics, from their miserable beginnings to this final stage.

Mord.

Thanks, man (and para and Barkhorn).

LOL well, the nagging got me to the portrait last night...You can thank this final breakthrough to that damn SS tanker cap! That friggin' thing drove me nuts trying to get enough of it in the pic to see. I did some tricky stuff and squeezed it down ala those pics you see of Joachim Peiper where his hat looks mushy...then I shrank the dude...having done that I had to shrink the infantry guy...it was a lucky break that changed everything. I am feeling really proud!

Mord.

Thanks fellas...work plods on...I am about two hours away from having all the SS guys locked down and done. As it stands now there are 167 files and should be over 200 just for the SS...and then there's just the Brits, Americans, Canadians, Polish and base game Germans to do...not much at all....

Mord.

Excuse me....we may be considered 'colonial' or 'provincial' by the stiff stuffed-shirt aristocratic British upper crust, but we are not hillbillies....they have those in the Appalachians which are south of our borders.

If anything, we should have the Canucks looking taller, healthier and more robust than their British counterparts (though with the regular British choices for food items, I'm not surprised this is the case).

*menacing mechanical breathing*

"You du not know ze power of ze schwarze side!"

*clenches black-gloved fist*

Cue Darth Vaderhosen 2...

*menacing mechanical breathing*

"Adobe wan has taught you vell!"

*clenches black-gloved fist*

Haa, I've been waiting to use that one for years now! :D