Captured Fuel Dumps

Has anybody looked at the possibility of simulating captured fuel dumps e.g. with units in a certain radius getting a burst of supply at 10 for a couple of turns?

I am thinking of the real situation when Rommel captured Tobruk and Allied dumps after Gazala. It was these extra supplies that enabled his forces to advance as fas as Alamein. Also during the Battle of the Bulge Peiper's Task Force very nearly captured a vast Allied fuel dump at Stavelot that could potentially have provided the Panzers with enough fuel to get to Antwerp.

I regret that I have not yet fully understood how Supply events work - I know they can be used to interdict supply but can they also temporarily increase it for, say, 2 or 3 turns?

I am going to be away from my PC for a few days so will not immediately be able to respond to any suggestions. Please accept my thanks in advance if you do have some ideas.

Regards

Mike

Nice Idea Mike, but I think It's impossible, what I think could be done, to represent this supply boost, is a morale boost of the Axis/allies troops inside and around tobruk, like, after tobruk fall, all the unit get a big morale boost, that would set this units fit for initial assaults against enemy positions.

Of course, this is an opition for any modder, but I think, if Hubert wishes to apply this, he might be able too.

It's an interesting idea, and at the moment the closest work-around solution is the one Kommandant has suggested, because a big boost to the unit's morale would significantly increase their fighting capability, albeit not their supply value itself.