Sign in to follow this  
Knaust1

CMBN Unlicensing not working

I disinstalled CMBN and there was no automatic unlicensing

So this used up all my activation keys

No possibility of this as in CMSF

The standard way to unlicense your game is via the Unlicense link located in the Start>Programs Group that is created during the game's installation. Click on Start->Programs then locate where you have installed your game (e.g. Battlefront>Combat Mission Shock Force). You will find a link called "Unlicense" either on the root level or within a sub-directory inside the game link folder.

You start with five activations. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling on the same machine shouldn't use one up to the best of my knowledge. If they *are* all used up, file a ticket with help desk and let them know your situation.

You start with five activations. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling on the same machine shouldn't use one up to the best of my knowledge. If they *are* all used up, file a ticket with help desk and let them know your situation.

I filed a ticket...I used it...I got an internal failure on the server

Then I just bought a CW bundle in addition to my previous CMBN and CW module

I installad the bundle, I activated the new key and I got an internal failure on the server

well I'm just bored of all this

I would like that this activation procedure would not bew so cumbersome

I am a Battlefront customer since 1999...just thinking to leave the community

I just tried to activate as well - first having loaded up just the CM:BN and it said it was activated - but when I started it up again it the program wanted to be activated again.

Then I loaded the CW module on top of it and that went fine, but it when I tried to activate it, this time it said I had an invalid serial number.

dw: Are you sure you're using your Commonwealth serial number?

Knaust - I'm sorry about your trouble. You're saying you tried to file a ticket and got a server error? Or you tried to activate the game and got a server error? I'll ask Moon to come in and see what he can see with regards to your issues.

dw: Are you sure you're using your Commonwealth serial number?

Knaust - I'm sorry about your trouble. You're saying you tried to file a ticket and got a server error? Or you tried to activate the game and got a server error? I'll ask Moon to come in and see what he can see with regards to your issues.

I tried a file ticket with CMBN+CW module and I got a server error with a request addtional activation key

I uninstalled CMBN+CW module

I bought CMBN-CW Bundle

I installed it

I'm sure to use the CMBN-CW Bundle serial number

Now I try to activate it, but I get a message like All activation keys already used

Anyway manhy thanks Phil

An activation has been added for each of the license keys you have submitted.

The 'internal server error' may be an issue with the permissions between the game and the license file. Try these steps and see if they make a difference to the error:

1) Browse to the directory that the game is installed in and delete the 'manifest' files. One is in the main directory and the other is in the 'Modules' sub-directory. Launch CMBN again and see if it requests an activation or not.

2) Launch CMBN by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. If this works, then you may need to ALWAYS launch CMBN with these rights. You can modify the shortcut so that you don't have to right-click each time. To do this, right-click on the launching shortcut and select 'Properties' from the popup menu. In here go to the 'Compatibility' tab and at the bottom of this tab is a section labeled 'Privilege Level'. Check mark the box next to the text that says "Run this program as an administrator". Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.

An activation has been added for each of the license keys you have submitted.

The 'internal server error' may be an issue with the permissions between the game and the license file. Try these steps and see if they make a difference to the error:

1) Browse to the directory that the game is installed in and delete the 'manifest' files. One is in the main directory and the other is in the 'Modules' sub-directory. Launch CMBN again and see if it requests an activation or not.

2) Launch CMBN by right-clicking and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. If this works, then you may need to ALWAYS launch CMBN with these rights. You can modify the shortcut so that you don't have to right-click each time. To do this, right-click on the launching shortcut and select 'Properties' from the popup menu. In here go to the 'Compatibility' tab and at the bottom of this tab is a section labeled 'Privilege Level'. Check mark the box next to the text that says "Run this program as an administrator". Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'.

Schrullen....smuack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign in to follow this