Aris CW Vehicles Mods Thread

Fuser

Just a footnote Aris: are you using a different base green shade (I believe less Olive Drab) for the CW vehicles?

* Actually

Although some were repainted many Lend-Lease vehicles retained their base coat of U.S. No.9 Olive Drab.

I'm not quite sure you can really see the difference between the US and CW greens in game, but to me they all look alike... Am I wrong?

Also I believe most of the Rec AFV (as well as all the trucks and many tanks) were camouflaged in black Mickey Mouse pattern.

pioneer4.jpegstandard.jpg

British Vehicle Camouflage 1939-1945

I'll have to see if I can come across the information again....but I've been through so much material in the past two weeks, it could be in any of literally a thousand places.

Hopefully someone else might have some info to add.

Essentially, what the information said was that the mickey mouse pattern was on many vehicles, AFVs and softskins, in England prior to DDay, but that it was not satisfactory as a camouflage....so it was not a widespread or standard pattern on AFVs when DDay was launched (not to say it wasn't present). It went on to say that many softskins carried the mickey mouse pattern, but these were not AFVs.

I always appreciate and use all decals, even when the effect is not realistic as it adds to the variety on the battlefield.

And anyway, all those uniform and helmet mods with the neat decals and camo versions are almost certainly not seen on battlefields that much either, and THEY all look cool as well.

Again,... front and rear fenders are mirrored, so it's plain impossible to add marking and formation signs. This happened on the Humber too, so I suspect it's something that may happen often in the game 3D models. Decal amount will be low due to unhistorical results.

..and now the Jeep. An improved version of my previous Jeep Mod, with added detail. Eliminated many of my previous mod's unrealistic weathering features. Textures stretch like no other vehicle in CMBN, as they adapt and extend to cover round surfaces, (check the bumper in the WIP preview, horrible, isn't it?)unavoidable, sadly. I'll see how decals behave, fingers crossed,...

WIPPreview.jpg

Edit: again, windscreen has the same texture for outside and inside, so it's impossible to add formation signs and markings there without getting bad results. Bridge Signs can't be added to radiator fins since they distort too.

The lowly jeep and kubel have always been one of my favorites even from CM1 days. Suggest more mud on the windshield for the wipers to have wiped. The dirty parts still look too clean.

Also, didn't they usually have the windows in the down position? Is that possible as an alt?

Is it also possible to have that vertical wire cutter bar the jeeps had welded in the front after the Germans strung wire across roads to behead bikers and jeep riders?

Too clean?? Hehe, you like dirty vehicles man ;)

Windows in down position is randomly displayed ingame, so it's possible but not selectable by player.

The vertical bar attached to the front fender it's impossible to add without modelling in 3D.

Just curious, did a search around the forum and didn't find anything: is there a "master file" for all your skins? As in, all of them in one convenient download? Looking around the repository, there's dozens of skins and I imagine it'd take nigh on forever to click through to the download page of every individual vehicle skin. So does a compilation exist? I know it'd be a chore to update it every time you want to throw in a new skin but maybe consider making one every 5-10 skins or so? It'd make downloading them a ton easier, I don't know anyone that would prefer to cherry pick from such an amazing assortment of skins, if you ever got in a battle with default skins and yours in the same area the disparity would be atrocious.

I can't but feel amazed on the amount on Megabytes I already modded ;) I plan to mod all CW vehicles, but modding it's taking more and more time, so the vehicles will be going out of the production line at a slower rate.

Next, the White Scout Car.