Sign in to follow this  
Tactical Wargamer

Great now nothing works!

Hi Para yes Windows 7.

do you know how to let someone remote assist you? windows 7 lets you invite some one to remote assist you.

you could, if BFC are willing, ask one of them to remote assist you. I would do it but I am sure they know more than me. If they can't I will, just make sure you have a program, so we can use voice chat. I installed XFire to chat to my pbem CMBN opponent, you could install that.

If you know of a better voice chat programme let me know. anyway. see what BFC say 1st.

RCMP, an "intenal server failure" on a PC system indicates that your Windows permissions are mismatched. This happens if you install the game with different permissions than you are attempting to run with. Unfortunately, Windows UAC doesn't make this very transparent, and it can happen if you do not close other programs while installing for example.

Go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and click on "Submit Ticket".

I don't think that manual activation will help but it may be worth a try.

Thanks MOON. I will do some more reading at the help desk area. Have a ticket outstanding as it stands. Thanks

Thanks Para you are indeed an asset to this community. I will do some more research on this via the help desk.

Get back to ya.

Dunno about that I have upset a few recently ;) anyway, see how you go and if you can't get it going we will have a bash together mate. Would be nice to have a chat with a Canadian :)

You must be chomping at the bit to get at the boche :)

RCMP, an "intenal server failure" on a PC system indicates that your Windows permissions are mismatched. This happens if you install the game with different permissions than you are attempting to run with. Unfortunately, Windows UAC doesn't make this very transparent, and it can happen if you do not close other programs while installing for example.

Go to www.battlefront.com/helpdesk and click on "Submit Ticket".

I don't think that manual activation will help but it may be worth a try.

ok MOON did a complete re-install of everything using this time the "install with Admin permission" on everything. Works like a charm. Thanks to you and Para for holding my hand and getting me through my nervous breakdown :rolleyes:

ps Kept my mods in a separate folders from my original install can I just "gently" re-copy them back into their respective folders?

Hehe indeed. Really you have upset a few??? Hmm must have missed that man. You are always so insightful and add much to the discussion. A gentleman no doubt!

If you don't know, I am not saying ;) I will accept the gent tag with gratitude :)

ok MOON did a complete re-install of everything using this time the "install with Admin permission" on everything. Works like a charm. Thanks to you and Para for holding my hand and getting me through my nervous breakdown :rolleyes:

ps Kept my mods in a separate folders from my original install can I just "gently" re-copy them back into their respective folders?

I just stuck the lot back in and I was lucky no problems. Since you have had lots of trouble getting up and running, I think piece meal may be the best way to go for you. Aris's mods do not seem to have caused any problems try them 1st. I do believe there is a thread were the guys are discussing which mods do not cause any conflicts. I will look it up and post it for you..

and as if by magic....

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=102862

ps I think the BFC staff deserve all the praise I haven't done anything mate.

Not sure about that. Love your Magic Para. BFC should hire you!

lol Hire me? think Steve would throttle me if he had half a chance ;)

Sign in to follow this