Sign in to follow this  
bram1979

Game crashes

For some reason my game crashes when I try to play the new Axis campaign?

And I also have the dive bomber sound...

Does anyone know which mod are still useable?

Remove them all. See if you continue to have problems.

I have removed my Z folder. I can still play my old PBEM's but once I fire up the campaign I can do my setup but once I press go it crashes

Hello Phil,

i have the same problem. Game crashes in the AXIS-Campaign, when i press the red button for WEGO.

I have installed the Normandy-Commonwealth bundle.

By the way, it´s a new installation, no mods installed.

Greets, MARS42

I've got this issue with all my saved game files since the CW download. I can't load or play any saved games with either US or CW mod. I can start new games/campaigns but I can't play any saved games. Not related to PBEM this is single player games.

I've checked to see if the saved game files are in the directory and they are in there. They just cause the game to stop working if you try to load?

Intel core I7 2600k EVGA GeForce GTX580 1.5MB Windows 7

warwalker - if you make *new* CW saves and try to load them, do they work? Mods could have caused some corruption.

warwalker - if you make *new* CW saves and try to load them, do they work? Mods could have caused some corruption.

Phil,

Just checked this and,

Start new Axis Camp. Save game in setup phase (before a turn ever plays out). Exit out of CM and restart it. Load game file. Click on red execute button and CM stops working.

Base game saved files will run however.

OK last test. The crash only effects saves in the setup phase of the campaign. If you run the campaign to say 59:30 and save then it will load and run. However, if you save in the setup phase and don't run a turn (execute or start the turn) then the save is corrupted. Now I'm only playing single player realtime.

Happened to me, also. Started the scenario, got a phone call and saved... came back to the game, spent an hour plotting the rest of the turn, hit go and ctd.

Ran fine after I started over and hit go without a save... except I forgot to re-plot my initial barrages :mad:

Phil,

I just tested the Scottish Camp and I can load and run saved game files. It looks like its something in the Axis CW campaign?

The same with me: Scottish campaign works fine, Axis not.

Well, not exactly... I tried to use the last savegame I made just having won the first mission. unfortunately same result. Screen freezes, mouse pointer eventually changes to "desktop style", game crashed...

Now I will try one of the allied campaigns.

I also have this problem. Installed CW module with mods in Z directory and it crashes when I try to load a save game from the new axis campaign.

Uninstalled CMBN and CW. Installed again with no mods pressent and I still have the same problem. I can load a save game from the new CW german campaign.

I will try and see if warwalkers work around will fix this for the time being. Hope we can get a fix.

OK, same here twice. I'm on a PC with Win7 64bit.

Both times, saved the game in setup phase (Axis CW campaign, missions 1 and 2).

Doing the setup and then pressing the red button to play leads to a crash.

Any update on that, it should be quite easy to replicate :confused:.

I could provide a savegame which shows this behaviour, if necessary.

Just hit this with third mission of the Allies Campaign SC and made save after set up to play turn later, now it crashes. Will now do set up again and see if I can overcome the issue.

:(

OK so I now tried it from previous save and did set up and no save and still crashed. I have no mods loaded as I never have loaded any.... I will try from the next previous save lucky it is not too big a scenario but I spend ages getting teams in and out of trucks getting supplies before I start the game and that is a right ball ache!!!

So now back up and running I had to go to save that starts the scenario, I.e. The one which you choose either turn or real time. I had made mistake of taking a save from within.

Not a big problem as there is a work around just wish I had known before doing all my set-up....

Hope it is easy enough to fix?

I had the same situation as Holien. I saved the game during the setup phase and then when I reloaded it it crashed when I tried to run the turn.

I went back to the previous save (where you choose turn-based/realtime) and it worked fine.

I don't understand the last two posts. Do they mean that you can't save during the setup, but can later on? I don't think there is any earlier point to save, is there? Don't get the references to saving before/after choosing "turn-based/realtime"--isn't the first save opportunity when you get to the setup screen?

In any case, what worked for me:

I had the crash after setting up units for Kampfgruppe Engel (campaign), saving the game, then trying to run the turn (push the red button). Crashed to desktop.

I tried again with no save during the setup, and it worked okay.

Sign in to follow this