(Almost) Unkillable Log Bunker bug

So no unlucky blue on blue kills?

No freindly fire. i checked the bunker in the review. Played the level again and managed to dispatch two quite easily with a rear piat shot and the other with a point blank 95mm so was happy enough. Did come across an almost invincible AT gunner though. I had a bren, sten and 4 en's firing from <10m in the open and a churchill with eyes on firing its mg from the other side. Kept this up till sten had hosed off 120 rds then had to retreat leaving the little nazi b*stard still alive.

Used a whole fresh platoon in a frontal charge to wipe him out later on....nuts.

There does seem to bit of an issue sometimes with very close range autofire being fairly innefective.

Thanks for the saves.

In "Scottish Corridor 005," the guy (with the StG) that is still in the bunker is no longer occupying it and the bunker is dead (the bunker and the survivor can be selected separately). Possibly something went wrong with his placement during bailout and he has remained within the confines of the bunker 3D model (he is in the same location as the bunker, but not "inside" it), which is intercepting much of the incoming direct fire and messing with the ability of infantry or tanks to target the guy or the area with HE (grenades/75mm). And although the bunker geometry is stopping most of the incoming fire to his location, he can fire out from that location. However, I did eventually kill him with tank MG fire from the rear quarter. Reloaded the save and was also able to easily kill him by area firing on the location with the 2-inch mortar.

The other two bunkers still alive in the save were easily knocked out with direct 75mm fire and had no survivors.

In "Scottish Corridor 002", the bunker near the trenches does indeed appear to be knocked out but still have "crew" inside (selecting the bunker selects the survivors and vice versa). However, they are not invincible. In one load of this save, one of the crew was immediately hit by rifle fire, but as above the last crew member separated from the bunker but remained in the same location. Hard to explore exactly what is going on here as I can't keep the scenario from ending. The other bunker still alive, however, was easily knocked out with grenades.

Seems something may be messing with the bailing out process in certain circumstances. Can either of these problems be reproduced in a controlled test?