My letzte Hoffnung (Save corrupted)

By some dumb mistake my CMBN folder got deleted. Due to that event I lost all my save files, most importantly my current save from "Die letzte Hoffnung" campaign. I've been able to restore some files with undelete, but they seem to be corrupted.

Would anyone be able to take a look at one of the files to see why they don't work with my new installation of CMBN (patched to 1.01, I believe I had 1.01 before that as well).

Alternatively, would anyone be willing to provide me with a savegame from that campaign at the start of the final battle, with forces at good strength?

Thanks for your help, you're my "letzte Hoffnung"...

If you don't mind playing the last scenario with a very good set of forces, you could use the CMBN Scenario Organisor (see download links below in my signature) to get the individual battles from the campaign.

You won't get a complete campaign result though, only the result for the particular battle.

Scenario Organizer worked well, thanks a lot. I'll play the missions as single battles and send all units lost earlier back to leave the map. Or does the opposition also receive all units they lost earlier?

The US side will have the full amount of units, since it is a standalone battle without any history. I just had a quick look and the campaign uses "Core Units" for both sides (these units are the ones carried over from battle to battle).

So for the missions you get when using the Scenario Organisor, both sides will have 100% of all units (Core and standard, scenario only). It is hard to guess if this imbalances any given single scenario or not. Maybe just give it a try ..

The US side will have the full amount of units, since it is a standalone battle without any history. I just had a quick look and the campaign uses "Core Units" for both sides (these units are the ones carried over from battle to battle).

So for the missions you get when using the Scenario Organisor, both sides will have 100% of all units (Core and standard, scenario only). It is hard to guess if this imbalances any given single scenario or not. Maybe just give it a try ..

Hi guys,

As long as you do exit some of your own units to represent your losses, it shouldn't unbalance the last mission. It might be a bit too easy if you do it with the Germans at full strength.

On the other hand, the Allied units in this battle are not units that appeared in any earlier scenario so they will be at full strength regardless. Do NOT remove any Allied units from the last scen, DO remove some German units from the last scen.

-FMB