Aris Terrain Version 2.0 WIP

Fuser

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn´t it TanksaLot who was making the building Mod?

BTW, I knew this would happen...I may leave the Road Texture Pack as an Option inside the package, the only workaround is to use square, very regular, cobbles, and they look bad. Frustrating if you ask me...

BugwMod.jpg

Hmmm, wouldn't you only need to make the EDGE cobbles square? (I don't know if all the cobblestones are repetitive, or if they are handcrafted for every stone in an 8x8 meter square.) If only the edge cobblestones can be made square, then any cobblestone tile could be juxtaposed next to any other one.

Ken

It may seem easy hehe, but BFC included textures that don´t blend and don´t include seamless textures,...for a reason :) It´s not only square texture seams, it´s color seams too! If I tried to make the borders to have square cobbles, straight long roads would have an unrealistic pattern,...mixed-square-mixed-square in a very repetitive look. I tried, and I didn´t succeed. BFC textures have the same color for each and every cobble (problem 1 solved) and didn´t bother to make them seamless (problem 2 solved...hehe). Sure there is someone out there that can make them, but my skills are being put to a hard test!

Well guys, in case you want to know, all doodads and trees have been modded. Doodads have a dramatic influence in how the game looks. I tried to desaturate them and darken them a bit, applying a light sepia hue. Blending lightness and saturation between all textures and making them work together as a set has taken me hours of testing...phew...CMBN looks quite different to stock now!! I thought about modding shrubs, plants, weeds,...but that it´s a HUGE task that I may tackle later...Mod is 90% done, and possibly will be available on Wednesday.

Well guys, in case you want to know, all doodads and trees have been modded. Doodads have a dramatic influence in how the game looks. I tried to desaturate them and darken them a bit, applying a light sepia hue. Blending lightness and saturation between all textures and making them work together as a set has taken me hours of testing...phew...CMBN looks quite different to stock now!! I thought about modding shrubs, plants, weeds,...but that it´s a HUGE task that I may tackle later...Mod is 90% done, and possibly will be available on Wednesday.

Any chance of some preview pics with some terrain seen from further away? I'm curious to see what you did with the textures that pop up in the distance.

An optional Stone Wall texture (many options will be stored in an additional folder):

StoneWall.jpg

Great work again Fuser...just one question in the above picture of the wall the dark shadow of the worn brickwork going into a sort of point downwards appears several times along the wall..this makes it look repetitive and slightly unnatural wearing to me.

Is this unavoidable?

You just found the main drawback of CMBN tile textures: the dark shadow appears only ONCE per BMP, but as the wall stretches, that shadows repeats itself once and again. In order to avoid that, I should completely erase that shadow and leave a much more homogeneous texture. That would make the wall not having those random dirt marks, and as a result the wall would be a checkerboard.