Axis difficulty winning a suggestion

Hi, Ive played strategic command 2 WAW as axis 1939 campaign and on beginner find it so difficult to win. I removed partisans thankfully there is a script for that etc.

On strategic command 1 i found the campaigns other than 1939 to be much more difficult than 1939. Strategic command 1 allowed me to play into 1946 and i hope beyond that. I do hope this game also allows me to play on beyond 1945 with no limits. I liked that the soviets did not automatically enter the war as i could choose to avoid fighting them. Strategic command 1 on novice was much easier and gave you more MPP in total not through plunder but through conquest. I think i ended up with around 650-750 of MPP a turn which was lots, enough to send lots of carrier fleets along with transports to usa and beat them. And enough for many ground units. I realise the naval forces are cheaper now but the ground units are not. I think im getting around 400 MPP at the moment in my game. Not enough imo to fight a war on 3 fronts which is looming.

At the moment with strat com 2 WAW i am saving and loading games just to keep my head above water, i thought i would be able to stop that but i cant because i need every edge i can get. Preferably id rather be able to play the game without saving and loading so much.

overall i find italy only good for one thing in the 1939 campaign and thats its relatively good navy which can be built upon and take the fleet around el alamein. Its ground forces lack the research which is expensive for italy to perform and there ground forces are not that many and expensive to buy a HQ etc. Its not worth trying to take over countries with italy because they are not that good at it, could maybe take a small one but i find its more worthwhile to take countries with germany as they need all the income they can get since uk and usa on their own are problem enough without the soviets.

Around el-alemein i am getting beat or will be totally as there is now circa 1941/2 so many reinforcements from other countries. I didnt mind the large british fleet there as i used save/load and just bought ships with italy. I understand i can turn off a few scripts there to help me out if i want.

perhaps a strategic command 2 where you could choose to take command of the axis countries of germany and italy from an earlier date like 1933 would help i dont know.

i understand that stopping the soviet union from entering the war would throw the game off balance because the % of a country to enter the war is so built into the game but i feel something needs to be done.

the axis and allies boardgame not the computer version which is easier was also hard for germany to win also triplea i find too. But at least with the boardgame japan can take the soviet union's territory in the east/south east. I realise the new strategic command 3 may allow for that.

i have not yet played as allies who knows maybe i will find that just as difficult if the ai does not attack many countries and keeps the country war percentages down so that usa and soviet union do not enter the war. that would be a boring AI just content with beating france and britain etc.

my suggestion to help players who find it too hard to fight as axis or even allies for that matter though it will not be as important. A script or game menu that lowers the % increase on allied countries either all of them or the choice to single out say the ussr etc and so when germany / axis declares war on a new country other allied countries do not gain as much percentasge increase in their joining the war state. Even if you could only do this with russia it would help say a 50% decrease or selectable 25%-75%. I have found that ussr gets annoyed even if i attack countries not near them and the total in my game atm in 1941/2 is 90%, with usa on only about 62% which seems odd in itself that usa is lower than ussr. After all ussr did not enter the war until attacked and may never have. I find keeping percentages down is key also because after time ussr has a massive force and 250MPP a turn to spend so in the end if you leave it too late before attacking them you are up against an army you cant beat. Attack too soon and you have a war on at least 2 fronts.

Diplomacy does not work well enough to keep say ussr out of the war when you declare war on many countries needed just to gain a reasonable income unless you save/load like i do and wait until you get a favourable outcome.

Hi Awen!

Welcome to the forums and I'm glad to hear the game is keeping your interest even if it is a bit of a challenge.

On the positive side your feedback tells me that we did improve the AI but I can see the point in that it might still be nice to make things easier for players that prefer this.

I think the easiest thing for me to suggest is to open up the Editor and make some changes to your campaign as desired, i.e. perhaps give the Axis side some extra units or extra MPP to see if that helps.

Hope this gives you some ideas,

Hubert

• 3 weeks later...

So i tried editing the Fall Weiss and Barbarosa campaigns of WAW there are so many options to edit which is a good thing, now i think i have made it too easy haha. Definately think the german build limits are a bit low.