Sign in to follow this  
soleboy

Invisible soldiers

I bought CMBN last night and immediately had the same issue. I have a Nvidia GEForce 8500 GT and I am suspecting it is the software since I am also having the same issue with Scourge of War: Gettysburg. I tried rolling back to an older driver but no go. Maybe time to pick up a different brand video card.

Everest12 - be careful in purchasing a video card in order to resolve this particular issue. There have been reports of this problem with both AMD Radeons and Nvidia GeForces. No specific video card seems to be the culprit here. So changing out your video card may NOT resolve this issue.

I have a similar problem. Soldiers start running and then they disappear into thin air. I am running win 7 with a 1G nvidia GT 620. Any help is appreciated.

I also still see soldiers that slide to a stop. Is there a fix for that yet?

Soldiers disappearing completely during movement is a new issue to me. The primary issue mentioned in this thread is where you NEVER see the soldiers, just some of their helmets and small arms. Do you have game saves that show this happening ?

The 'sliding to a stop' issue has not be resolved and I don't think efforts are really being made on it. I believe it may be the result of shortcuts or lack of processing time or animations where the end of a soldier's movement just results in a slide into final position. While it's not the desired animation to see, it also isn't quite a game breaker.

Hi Schrullenhaft,

Thanks for your reply.

I have not saved a move showing this but I will attempt to over the weekend. I will also try some of the nvidia settings that players have been good enough to post.

I agree that the sliding to a stop is not a game breaker but I thought I would ask just on the chance that a fix had been discovered.

I'm digging up the thread because I have the same problem.

CMBN + comonwealth used to work fine on my 64bits Win7 home premium PC.

I recently had to change my hard-drive and reinstall windows, I reinstalled everything including the upgrade of CMBN to v2.01 that I bought. And now the game works , except for the invisible troops :(

luckyhendrix - it sounds as if you have forgotten to install the 1.11 patch BEFORE installing the 2.0 Upgrade. If you forgot this, then you will need to:

1. Install the 1.11 patch.

2. Install the CMBN 2.0 Upgrade (making sure to upgrade both CMBN and Commonwealth).

3. Install 2.01 patch.

I have the same situation as luckyhendrix. Been away from the game for a while but reinstalled Windows and CMBN at the end of June. Latest NVIDIA drivers, OS (win7-64 SP1) fully patched.

I have CMBN + CW. I had the 1.11 patch installed. Everything was fine.

I installed 2.01 today and now I can't see infantry, though vehicles seem fine. Some of the floating icons also appear as black squares.

Combatibility mode is off.

edit - Here's a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/h1xsjST.jpg

...and when I roll back to 1.11 the unit names are all wrong. Machine guns are tanks and my US infantry squads are listed as field guns.

Hmmm.

bairdlander - I don't see any posts from you in this thread, so I'm not sure what your exact situation was/is. What you describe is what you would have to do to start over from scratch. Also to clarify, it is the '1.11' patch and not simply '1.1', since there is a '1.10' patch that does NOT address the issue with invisible troops.

If you have CMBN and the Commonwealth module already installed and you're seeing the invisible troops, then you only need to reinstall the 1.11 patch (and then the 2.0 Upgrade and 2.01 patch). You typically don't need to start completely over.

I now have the problem. I just installed the Commonwealth package and I now have floating weapons, but no troops. I looked under properties and initially, it was unchecked. So I checked it for Windows 8 (which I'm running) and it still doesn't work.

I'm running on an AMD Radeon HD 7660D card.

Okay, we're good now. I reinstalled all the patches and what-not and I can see my guys now. Whew! Now I won't miss any of the mayhem as my troops Die-A-Lot as they usually do.

Sign in to follow this