Good European map?

It would be wise to narrow your request down. For one bit, the Alps is nothing like the Netherlands, nor London is like Russian Taiga, yet they're all in Europe. And 'large' is not very precise. What are the measures that you need? What type should it be?

Sure thing. Large would be around 2km x 2km.....

• 3 weeks later...
The NATO module's Atlantic Games scenario's map is based on a location in the Hürtgenwald. It pits Americans (US & Canada) against Europeans (German & Netherlands).

Sounds interesting. I didn't know a scenario like that was included. Does it mean the game has terrain files for Northern Europe?

I was going to buy the NATO module if I saw I number of mods\scenarios being made with regards to a fictional battle with the States, Canadians and British against the Germans and Dutch. Haven't seen anything so I never bought it.

Sounds interesting. I didn't know a scenario like that was included. Does it mean the game has terrain files for Northern Europe?

Not specifically, but Syria is a diverse country, ranging from rocky mountains to sandy deserts and also lush garden valleys. CMSF reflects that, so it's possible to create a bunch of environments (I recall someone even made a few jungle maps?). The biggest give away are the flat topped buildings for which there isn't an alternative.

funny you mention it wodin. I saw the battle description and it was one of the first I played. I was very surprised more blue on blue and red on red were made.

I definitely want to see some US vs Brit battles in when the BN Commonwealth module comes out. and Waffen SS vs Heer.