"The Farm" Tournament - OFFICIAL SIGN-UP

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I'm really enjoying this thing! I'm pretty sure everyone guessed that the two sides were roughly even after they looked at the map and forces available. Most people are probably far enough into their games that the info leaked won't make much difference. Allied player here BTW.

I can understand your frustration but please think this over before doing anything hasty.

Well, now that operational security has been compromised by spoilers in another thread, I'm inclined to just dump this. Not much point in spending the time and effort to administer a tournament after the active scenario has been discussed in public. I'll be releasing the scenario pack shortly for any who want to play the other ones I had planned.

Sorry for any inconvenience to everyone else; it is unfortunately beyond my ability to stop players from posting spoilers. Thanks for participating.

Bimmer, I hope you reconsider and not let the actions of a spoiled child ruin the fun for everyone else. I'm playing the American side and don't mind continuing. I'm also looking forward to read all the AAR's after the first round is complete. I think a tourney like this followed up with AAR's will be very educational for the whole community (minus one of course LOL)

Count to ten, hit the weight room and let loose some steam, then come back and say "we're still on boys"

:cool:

Let's face it any time you get a large number of games in the same "room" you will end up with an assortment of personalities. And it is inevitable that there will be a few unsportsman like players mixed in. It is sad but the rest of us need to find a way to keep going and have fun.

My personal view is that if you cannot have fun loosing at a game then don't play, because even if you are good you will still be loosing some of the time. And lord knows I loose half the time- or more:)

Concerning the post which almost killed our tourney: for me it feld more like an accident of not really thinking enough ahead (ok, happens to me in-game often) than a well aimed spoiler for the match.

From my point of view we should be happy with the outcome (=not dumping the tournament) and go back to pick on our individual opponents in private messages.

As results have started to come in (almost half of the first bracket games are complete), and people may be starting their AARs (I've already received one), I just wanted to clarify that part of the process. I will post a separate Round One AAR thread in this forum when all the first round games are complete; you should then post your AARs in that thread. You may email them to me in advance if you wish, but there is no need to do this. If you do email your AAR to me, I will ask that you repost it in the thread rather than relying on me to do so. Thanks.

Adding on to what ian.leslie just posted: you need to manually transfer the email file that you receive (via email attachment, dropbox, or any other file transfer method), and move it into the folder ian.leslie mentioned. All the pbem files are at the end of your "saved games" list, alphabetically ordered, but after all the other saved games.

No particular AAR requirements. It should give enough detail that someone reading it who has not yet played the scenario can follow the course of the battle, but it need not go turn by turn. Pictures are nice, but not required.

Put another way, in the words of an old instructor, it should be like a woman's skirt: long enough to cover everything, but short enough to keep it interesting.