Slow loading?

I haven't seen any threads addressing this yet, so I'm going to post it. Recently, I've been experiencing some horrendous load times. Understandably so on the larger battles, but my biggest concern is with the first screen. After I click 'Play Game', to go to the list of scenarios, it gives me the msg 'scanning disk for scenarios' FOREVER! The only way to advance past this screen is by clicking the mouse. However, after doing that, every mouse click is one behind where it should be. i.e. I click on the 'page down' tab in scenarios list, it does nothing. I then click the fourth scenario down on the first page. The screen advances to the next page of scenarios, and the next mouse click puts the highlight on the fourth game down, second screen. Has anyone else had problems with this? As I said earlier, it really became an issue only recently, seems to have slowed down considerably. I haven't done anything to my machine to make this change, either. Please help!

------------------

"NO! There is no try..DO..or do not!"

~Yoda, Empire Strikes Back 1980

Definitely sounds strange. I wonder if CM is having a hard time reading your SCENARIO and SAVED GAMES directories. You may want to run Scandisk to check for disk errors. After that then you may want to manually move most of the files out of each of these directories, load up CM with only a few files in and then add a couple of files back (keeping track of which ones you add). Maybe CM will load at "normal speed" with the directories nearly-emptied and by adding the files back a few at a time you may be able to determine if there is a particular file that is causing CM problems.

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 09-02-2000).]