License intalling trouble!

eLicense online activation requires two way communication with the activation server. There are various reasons why this may fail (not to mention how Norton 360 may not be 'down' even if you think it is).

Do the Manual Licensing procedure instead. If you can open a webpage in a browser, then you can do that.

The Manual Licensing process is a workaround for when you can't do the usual one click online activation (mainly if your PC isn't connected to the internet). For security reasons it involves more back and forth, yes. But it's often still a quicker workaround than trying to figure out your Proxy or firewall settings.

Got the same error, obviously I'm internet connected as I'm posting this. Tried the manual installation, got the license file, but trying to get the manual file started into the license after clicking "read offline license from file" the little old Windows circle, actually the big circle, just keeps on spinning until I get notification of "program not responding".

Kind of a hassle, I'm patient, lead me to the water, I'll drink! Already double checked the code sent from BF.

"Retrieval of license failed with error code =-12."

Ok, What should I do about this? I'm an idiot with computers, I don't know how to do the stuff for the manual install. I cannot get the game licensed.

I never had trouble with any other battlefront install,my firewalll or virus protection never had a problem with any other battlefront game.

This looked strange from the beginning. First you have to patch the original game.Then Gold makes a new icon.(Why isn't the patch just included with gold?). Is this a seperate game? or an expansion?

So what should I do about licensing?

Thanks

It also says I'm not connected to the internet.

My attempts at manual licensing always ends with the program not responding!

Alright, I got the neighbors kid (8th grade), and he got the manual license install in 2 minutes! (I did say I was an idiot with these things). So I got the game going. Please disregard my previous post.

It raises a new question from me though. If I have to install in the future, Is my original licensing number still valid?

Thank you.

Not your fault vR, the instructions are a bit misleading. I'm constantly setting up new instrumentation and you'd be surprised how inconcise most user instructions are.

It used to not be like this, something to be said about the present human competency level, or could it be there are too many distractions of compliance?

Possibly, since most things are made worldwide and distributed in many different languages, something gets lost in the translation, a consequence of our fall from Babel.:eek:

Hi all:

It had not happened to me before but, as some of you, I also got the error 12 that stands for the firewall blocking internet comunication. It has not happened with any of the other games and I have them all. I have N360 v5.0. I think it's not right to blame it all on the antivirus firms, if it hadn't happened before and now it does it's not us customers the ones who have to notify the antivirus company but imo the developers, this said with all due respect.

Ok no problem I installed it using the manual process. But here let me warn you that once you get the license activated make sure to copy the whole text into a txt file, reason is that if you click on the save button option it creates a file but then when the game asks you to select it, it freezes. I think it has an asp extension and I don't know what program will open it. So best thing to do is to copy paste the whole activation txt into a file and then paste it when you're activating the game.

Now where I want to get is: How are we going to unlincense if we ever want to? I tried to unlincense just to see if I could but it was not possible, no connection that's error 12 again even if I disable the antivirus and firewall completely.

I believe the game comes with 2 activations unlike SCWW1 where the procedure was changed.

Any solutions? Thanks

Ok no problem I installed it using the manual process. But here let me warn you that once you get the license activated make sure to copy the whole text into a txt file, reason is that if you click on the save button option it creates a file but then when the game asks you to select it, it freezes. I think it has an asp extension and I don't know what program will open it. So best thing to do is to copy paste the whole activation txt into a file and then paste it when you're activating the game.

Yikes! I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, but I know I know I didn't do it. These damn activations! Battlefront, do you like raising my blood pressure??!!:P

If you activated the game there's nothing to worry about.

When I was activating it off line I saved the long text pressing the button it comes in the web page (phase 2 of installation), when I tried to load it the installer just froze so I could not select and load the file saved to activate the game (phase 3).

I had previously closed IE so I didn't have all the long text I could have copied into the installer to activate the game. Fortunately IE recovered the web page with all the data needed, and I copy pasted to activate.

Hello, first of all I would say thanks to battlefront team for the good work during last years. I'm sorry for my bad english, this is the reason I don't write in forum, anyway I check it often.

I have all the copies of "strategic command" series never had problem with licensing. Now with this global conflict gold I can't license for the connection error 12. I had problem with the false virus sc2glib.dll too but I managed to start the license section by changing the avg anti-virus settings.

Obviously I'm internet connected.. I desabled windows firewall too but nothing change. The problem is I try for the first time the off-line licensing but when I try lauching the first step: "save license request file" the program stops and doesn't respond :(

I tried it several times, re-install the game etc.

I write it here instead of to the help desk cause I hope may help others like me. Thanks for your any help!

Is it possible that when arrive my mail copy I won't have this problem?

Marco

Hi Marco, Try skipping the first step. A neighbors kid helped me and I'm pretty sure he skipped the first step. He used copy and paste to move the license information. I'm not sure how much this helps but hopefully someone, who knows more, will post soon.

It's a shame customers have to jump through hoops like this.

Yes, copy all the paragraph you get after introducing your license (after you hit the "Save License Request to File"), then press "Open Off-line License URL" here is where you have to paste it, after doing so you get a new huge paragraph , that's the important one. Copy it (for security make a txt file with it) and then press "Install off-line License" but don't press the button that asks you to look for the save file, just paste the previous paragraph in the white box, then Activate, Voila! you should have your game activated and be able to play it.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for first help to all you guys.. I did it but the license site told me something like "wrong ID" repeat the operation. (Should I also "copy-paste" the part of instruction? or only from ----begin license request----?) Maybe I should realy use another pc for it to work? Now I'm at work :-/ I'll try this evening, I'll copy the file to a USB flash drive and connect from another pc.. but not sure this is the point.

Is it better to contact the help desk directly or is it enough to write here?

Thank you again, Marco