SFX v1.0b

stephsen

Hey CM-Guys,

I proudly present: my SFX-mod for CMBN

I've worked really hard and my head is about to explode on:D

I've tried to make the sound so realistic as possible,without a lot of bells and whistles.

-reworked all tank and vehicle sounds

-reworked all weapon sounds

-reworked all impacts and incoming sounds

-reworked all background sounds

-and some more

I would be glad about criticism:)

put the SFX.brz in your Data/Z folder thats it

and yeahh all other soundmods must be delete before worked it optimally

here we go http://www.gamefront.com/files/21085529/SFX.rar

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for your work stephsen

Anyone with superior knowledge on vehicle and weapons sounds tried this? Already got other weapon and vehicle sound mods installed and want a critique before jumping in.

No offence intended stephsen, just don't want to be swapping and changing unnecessarily.

I've just had a very quick go! I think it's pretty stunning truth be told, certainly what I've heard so far. The sound effects generally are very well balanced, the only negative criticism I have is the crickets/ambience volume is perhaps a tad too high for my liking. But I love the artillery incoming and smaller shells exploding. Plus the US small arms seem more authentic to me now. I have yet to hear any vehicle movement noises, so will give that a shot next.

Have you played with the voices at all? If not, I can actually hear them properly for the first time lol.. I have Mord's voices installed which seem to work really well with your mod.

No worries...mistakes happen...I've made plenty uploading stuff. Once you get this to where you want it you should upload it to the repository and Greenasjade's site...that way it will get a lot of exposure.

Now, I have to say I like this mod a ton! Very well done. I usually combine my sounds with other sound mods and I have to say I will be taking 90% of these at least and adding them to the other files I like.

Your screams wavs (and trust me I am a guy intimate with screams from my CMSF mods) are the BEST I've heard...I love them (blow mine out of the water). SMGs sound great. The 50 cal is nice and chunky. Main tank guns are robust...pings and ricochets and zips are sweet. The fog background is nice, like the crow, and over all, I like the smattering of bird sounds in all the backgrounds as opposed to thousands like we are used to. Digging the explosions too...I have some favorites already in my folder and yours will compliment them nicely. The vehicle sounds I haven't quite decided on but I think I like them for the most part...the light vehicle moving sound sounds a bit tinny but it's not a game killer.

This is a VERY, VERY good mod and one I'd recommend as a starting point to anyone that wants to build up their sound files in CMBN. Use Stephsen's as the base and add to it as you go (remember you can have multiple sounds just like you can with some textures)...lots of excellent stuff here...really adds to the atmosphere.

Great job, man.

Mord.

I'd imagine it will take a while to upload being such a big file. But I will just add that I think these are amazing sounds now that I've played with them for a bit longer. Absolutely incredible work well done.

The MG42 sounds authentic now, and actually had me ducking for cover! The Garand type effect sounds cool, pity the K98 sounds the same, (although I realise this isn't your fault). Love the sound of the BAR too, really clunky. Love it. But I still think the artillery rounds are the best bit, love those rounds incoming. It feels like a different game now, but in a good way ;) The ricochets and bullets whizzing over your head are superb as well.

One thing, the vehicle sounds. I think they're pretty good actually, but they could perhaps do with being a touch louder - they often get drowned out against the background small arms. Just a touch though, you don't want them over-powering the other sounds. But that's just my opinion. Overall, I'm really impressed. Cheers!

oh many thanks for this positive resonance ,I really appreciate it :) and this is the biggest wage for the hard work

ok the new file is ready for download (the current file is SFX_1c )

take it this http://www.gamefront.com/files/21086168/SFX_1c.rar

in nearly future i will reworked the footstep sounds, house collapse and the biggest job the german voices and that what you do not like ;)

I just wanted to bump this thread again. This mod really is quite something guys. If you haven't already done so, please try it. Every battle I now play sounds like something out of Band of Brothers :D

Please keep up the progress with this mod Stephsen! It will be very interesting to see what you can do with the Commonwealth effects when that comes along shortly.

Oh and I did I already mention... The incommmmmming artillery simply rocks! Love it!

Yeah, it is a good mod...now I am just putting finishing touches on all my sounds...zips, ricochets and explosions are perfect...used a combination of every sound mod released. Got the gun fire almost to where I want it too. And I can't say enough about those new scream files.

Mord.

Hey CM-Guys,

I proudly present: my SFX-mod for CMBN

I've worked really hard and my head is about to explode on:D

I've tried to make the sound so realistic as possible,without a lot of bells and whistles.

-reworked all tank and vehicle sounds

-reworked all weapon sounds

-reworked all impacts and incoming sounds

-reworked all background sounds

-and some more

I would be glad about criticism:)

put the SFX.brz in your Data/Z folder thats it

and yeahh all other soundmods must be delete before worked it optimally

here we go http://www.gamefront.com/files/21085529/SFX.rar

Could you also upload exploded version so, we, Mac users can also mod and play with them? Thanks, will give comments about the mod itself soon. :)

Yeah, it is a good mod...now I am just putting finishing touches on all my sounds...zips, ricochets and explosions are perfect...used a combination of every sound mod released. Got the gun fire almost to where I want it too. And I can't say enough about those new scream files.

Mord.

Are you going to release that for public consumption?