Back to Work

Fuser

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuser: Bullgod has demonstrated what I was trying to say in his effort.

His are almost TOO much in the way he outlines all the features to make them "pop". If you do yours halfway as much hopefully your vehicles' features will look well defined as well as beat up.

Your skirts look terrific BTW.

Thanks Erwin. I know what you mean. Will try that in my future mods. But I still think that while making panels on vehicles pop out looks great on scale models, in CMBN they don´t blend well with the terrain and the stock graphics. They look cartoonish with this game engine, and great on a shelf (scale effect it´s called in model making forums). (With all my respect to modders that atempt that, of course).I am a scale modeller myself, and my technique is way different when applying washes and drybrushing on plastic, but in CMBN that effect, although avoids fading doesn´t look realistic since there is no scale effect on a computer game, specially when you are able to zoom. A good mod it´s good from distance and when zoomed in, as it happens with real vehicles! I try to blend vehicles mods into the terrain, not to make vehicle mods by themselves. But, THANKS for the tips and suggestions anyway, I greatly appreciate them.

Ok guys, the last one before I take a break, I think I need it.

I needed something different this time, so , before I leave, I will try my best to do something good, and I mean, something that when I look at it miself I feel It´s really good. Not easy ;)

Bunkers this time...will try to make a bunch of them, so we all can have variations. I thought that would look great on defensive scenarios.

Variation #1 Work In progress! Still a lot to do.

Clipboard0333.jpg

gautrek: How come we haven't seen any CM2 mods from you? Your superb weathered CM1 mods were as amazing as Aris' mods are today.

Mainly because I find CMBN a bit MEH.I have lost heart with it.

Me and my usual email partner tried but we both took longer and longer to send turns back which has resulted in us both stopping playing.

I just find it gone from being a fun game to play(CMBB) to being a chore to play.

There is lots i dislike about the new game and some of them are major game changes.Plus I am bored with the very limited timescale and units.I may start pissing about if I buy the next module,but I am not sure if I am even going to buy it.

I felt the same Gautrek, but you have to give it a LOT of time. It does grow on you. Some of the things I've seen against the AI (I don't play H2H) make my jaw drop - clever little things happening that I'd never thought of before. But so much can happen during a single turn, amazing really. Intensive too.

But you have to invest in the commonwealth module, it features us Brits after all :)

Holiday time for me. Two week vacation. I haven´t been modding for the last three days. Simply playing. I have even been to win the Sie Kommen Axis Campaign eventually. Enjoyed CMBN a lot.

I have had time to think too. I think I must finish what I started, so I will finish the M4A3 105s (Early and Mid variants) and my last Normandy Mod will be the 251/3 (you get to hate the Hanomags if you are a modder, phew). Then I will wait for the Commonwealth module to be released before I even open Photoshop again.

The M4A3 105s are in the workshop, still some hours left to work on them. Will have them finished on Christmas days.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

M4A3105E.jpg

I will include the following Bonus Material:

- Shared Us Gear (all the stuff you see piled on top of tank hulls).

- 50. cal MG.

- M1 and M2 Mortars.

- A completely new Bunker Mod.

I understand this update is going to appear in next year's Oxford dictionary

su·per·la·tive (s-pûrl-tv)

adj.

1. Of the highest order, quality, or degree; surpassing or superior to all others.

2. Excessive or exaggerated.

3. Grammar Of, relating to, or being the extreme degree of comparison of an adjective or adverb, as in best or brightest.

4. Any mods by Aris/Fuser for CMBN

Thanks sburke. I worked hard on this one. Lately, while playing the Sie Kommen campaign, it was kinda strange to see all my vehicle mods there. It was like if someone else had done them for me. I felt they blended well, there was a harmony between them,and that, made me happy.

I started thinking, that taken into account that I have a personal technique, next modders will have a hard time, because, even if they eventually get to make a large number of mods, (I am sure they will though), it will be hard to have a harmonious vehicle army when we start to mix mods and authors. I felt guilty for being monopolistic. Hope they can have have their niche. I really do.

Thanks sburke. I worked hard on this one. Lately, while playing the Sie Kommen campaign, it was kinda strange to see all my vehicle mods there. It was like if someone else had done them for me. I felt they blended well, there was a harmony between them,and that, made me happy.

I started thinking, that taken into account that I have a personal technique, next modders will have a hard time, because, even if they eventually get to make a large number of mods, (I am sure they will though), it will be hard to have a harmonious vehicle army when we start to mix mods and authors. I felt guilty for being monopolistic. Hope they can have have their niche. I really do.

LOL you worry too much. Before too long we will have a bulge family of games with all new vehicles with snow on them most likely...and then we move on to the Eastern Front. If anyone is so ambitious as to try to emulate your output, all power to them, but we are gonna have plenty of material to work with over the next number of years. What a great time to be in to tactical war games. Personally I think these are the golden years.