Back to Work

Fuser

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, Fuser, you sure make it hard not to act like a teenage groupie. Your work hits the spot everytime - I regularly check in on the site just to see if you have posted anything.

Could anyone in the forum tell me, what vehicles or guns are missing to be modded?
Here is an updated version of the list Erwin posted a few weeks back...

US:

• 76L/50 gun
  • M4A3(105) Early, Mid, Rhino
  • M2 and M1 mortars

German:

• PAK 38, 40, 36R, 43, 43/41, 36
  • leIG 18
  • SdKfz 251/3
  • StuH 42 Early
  • JPzIV Mid
  • PzVA Mid

It's amazing how short the list actually is - what an incredible service you have done for all of us!

Thank you guys, I am working now on some guns, several at the same time actually, so possibly my next mod will be the German leIG 75mm Light Infantry Gun. Still I have to fix some mistakes and change some weathering, but it´s nearly done. Working hard on it at the moment, so you should expect it in the Repository soon.

Clipboard02-3.jpg

The next gun is the Pak 38 50mm AT Gun, some finishing touches and will be uploaded. This is an old mod completely redone as my previous version (never uploaded) wasn´t good for my liking. Hope you like it now. I have added photorealistic rust as found some pics of these guns depicting them in very bad condition.

Clipboard02-4.jpg

Hello frigo, well, I could give it a try, but the problem is that it will look 2D on a 3D object. There is no problem to add textures to 3d models, the problem is to create a 3d illusion to the eye with 2D textures that looks good from all the angles you may look at it, and that it´s really difficult.

Yeah, they'd have to add netting like they did for the Brit vehicles in CMSF to give it any kind of realistic look. Some of the stuff that was done in CMX1 like this, (Foliage and flags draped on the tops of tanks) was passable...but now the game looks so much nicer I think it would be harder to pull it off without a separate object to texture.

Oh, and these guns look really nice, Aris!

Mord.

You are right Mord, back in the CMx1 days, some Hanomags were added a camouflage net, and even Mickeyd did a great job adding recognition flags on top of the Panzer Hulls. The problem now, is that, as you mention, CMx2 model and textures look so much better, 3D, and with higher resolutions. You have to be a real master to achieve those results now.

I quickly made a test with a PAk36r. Added a net (5 minutes work). As you can see, even if the texture itself doesn´t look that bad, there are problems when the shield ends (net abruptly ends there, no possibility to extend it, adding foliage for example). The hole in the shield is not covered, and if you look at it from the top there is no 3D effect at all in the net. In CMx1 the objects were much less 3D, what helped adding 2D textures on top of them anyway. I didn´t try to add foliage on top of the net as they would look as stickers anyway.

CANet.jpg

Jagdpanzer Mid in the workshop, after this ( two dirt levels and two decals), only 2 vehicles will be left for modding. M4A3 105 and 251/3 Hanomag. It´s been a huge task, but I am seeing the end, at least for vehicles. If the module it´s not made available before I finish them all, I plan to redo some of my earlier mods, to what I consider a better level of detail. (Tigers come to my mind).

This is the "Heavily weathered" version:

Clipboard02221w.jpg

It´s been a huge task, but I am seeing the end, at least for vehicles. If the module it´s not made available before I finish them all, I plan to redo some of my earlier mods, to what I consider a better level of detail. (Tigers come to my mind).

Yes...it has been a huge task. You've done a helluva a job...LOL you need to kick back and take a break, my man!

And at the rate you are going I doubt the module will be released before you are done. You've released almost a mod a day lately.

Great work Aris, thanks a lot for all you've done!

Mord.

I am thinking of the way model makers do it when theur paint the details on their models to make them stand out.

For example, darker lines where two metal plates join, esp. when at an angle; a shadow line along every bit that sticks up from the surface of the tank.

Make the model details "pop" out a bit - like the two partial circular metal lines on the top, the periscopes, where the gun barrel enters the mantle, tools, headlamps, the spare gear on the back, rivets... At the moment it looks like the entire vehicle is evenly lit from all directions and that tends to destroy the 3D illusion and makke details harder to see.

But, am painfully aware that it's easy to have ideas. Execution is everything. You are the one who knows what he's doing, not me...