Sign in to follow this  
OGSF

Nvidia GeForce GTX 570 fail

I have the GeForce GTX 570 video card with 4GB of video ram and other chip goodness. Latest drivers installed, after iterating through driver versions the last few months (currently v285.62).

CM:BN displays with trees streaking across the screen like endless hedgerows. Building turn white. Farmland turns into colored patchwork quilts. And so on.

Is anyone else seeing this? I have tried various settings from the "Nvidia performance and quality" thread, but no improvement. The whole thing feels flaky and almost unplayable. Certainly ruins any sense of immersion I might hope for in the game.

Was this game tested with any particular video card and if so, which one ran the game in all its intended glory?

I don't see other threads around the board complaining about these graphics issues, so I assume it is running beautifully for someone. What is the optimum graphics hardware setup for Windows 7 64 bit, SP1? I would like to use the card I have - in all other respects it rocks. But CM:BN and this card blows. If there is a proven rock-solid alternative I would consider replacing my $300 card for this game.

What say you?

Thanks.

Do you have a problem in any other games? Sounds potentially like the chipset or BGA ram on the graphics card is overheating. Usually results in sparklies and/or white lines across the screen.

What temp does you card run at? I'm running an Nvidia 480 here with the same drivers, solid as a rock.

Thanks Phil. I don't think it is overheating. There is no temp monitor for the card, so I don't know for sure. But other programs and games run fine. Good tip on the Nvidia 480 though. If a solution for my card issues doesn't come up I may consider switching.

I have the exact same problem with the exact same card. It is with the drivers, not a hardware issue as the 8.17.12.6724 driver dated February 23, 2011 works fine. I haven't had any luck with any of the newer or older drivers.

Thanks Allan! I'll give those drivers the old college try!

(later) Oh. It looks like I've already tried every driver ever available for the GTX 570 card on Windows 7 64 bit.

Interesting eh? Nvidia may have been tinkering with their OpenCL routines and the new cards. Sounds like there may be some kind of incompatibility with the 5* series. Wonder how many others have the same problem? Could we see a screenshot of the corruption?

Does Cod4 use DX or OpenCL out of interest?

By the way, if you want to monitor temps I find MSI Afterburner a good piece of software to use. You can also monitor/control the fans as well.

Interesting eh? Nvidia may have been tinkering with their OpenCL routines and the new cards. Sounds like there may be some kind of incompatibility with the 5* series. Wonder how many others have the same problem? Could we see a screenshot of the corruption?

Does Cod4 use DX or OpenCL out of interest?

By the way, if you want to monitor temps I find MSI Afterburner a good piece of software to use. You can also monitor/control the fans as well.

I use a gadget to monitor my GPU temp and I am sure there is no overheating. COD4 uses Open GL as far as I know. I've never had any problem with any game using DX.

FYI, the same problem occurred when playing CMSF and CMA.

Sign in to follow this