CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Did it ever dawn on the anti-tank crew to move the halftrack?

So much for ambushing the enemy. 

You wound me; are you sure they couldn't ambush with their prime mover so close? I think my opponent disagrees with that assessment ;)

NEVOP4f.jpg

Of course, PaK guns don't operate alone, and the Shermans that try to 'lean on' it are opened up on by a second gun:

VNvbXzN.jpg

Of course, because it never dawned on that gun crew to move the halftrack, they are now able to make a speedy egress to a new firing position under the cover of the rest of the PaK-Front

cZswumj.jpg

I need some help posting screen shots. I've posted in the past with no trouble. But that was then, and this is now, and I can't get them to show up. The screen shots are at Photobucket, and when I copy the link  it looks like this. This doesn't look right to me, and at any rate it doesn't seem to work. Thanks for any help. Mike 

CMRT%20SU%2085_zpsb2watve4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Close combat to the extreme. Was anyone left standing? Who?

On the last turn of the game, my German team was going through the alley to cross the street. I had teams all around and thought the immediate area was clear. Somehow, those four Amis in the alley hadn't been spotted. So, the Ami team leader drops the lead German with his SMG. The MG42 then takes out one of the Amis. The Ami team leader cowers while the other two prepare to make a run for it out in the street where the Germans were heading. One of the Germans turns around to run away back down the alley. The two fleeing Amis stop and one drops the fleeing German. Then, the two remaining Germans run safely back to where they came from, while the two active Amis dash out into the street. There, one gets picked off by a rifleman down the street, while the other eats a Panzerschreck round from a team right above him in the building bordering that side of the alley.

At the end, two of the original four Germans survive, while only the Ami team leader cowering in the alley survives to surrender. Here's the whole sequence:

Edited by Macisle

Brilliant - love those moments.  Wow that was some serious over kill there at the end.  He must have been really pissed off.

Thanks!

Yeah, no matter how much time goes by, the epic little moments in battle and micro-dramas that CM offers never cease to amaze me.

I think the panzerschreck dude was pretty PO'd at this US team. They were the remnants of the Amis' Co. mortar platoon and had inflicted most of my casualties. This particular team had even run away a bit earlier unscathed through a close range lead storm -- a full assault team letting 'em have it, but from a second floor down through tree foliage onto the fleeing Amis in the yard. No hits.

This particular team had even run away a bit earlier unscathed through a close range lead storm -- a full assault team letting 'em have it, but from a second floor down through tree foliage onto the fleeing Amis in the yard. No hits.

Tree foliage, eh?

Looks like we might have another LOS issue.