CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

That's meant to say link not punk!

I had been wondering what colloquy you'd taken that expression from... :)

...(can't see an edit button...)

This forum is set up so that you can only edit an entry for a limited time (think it's at least an hour) after you've initially posted it. To prevent self-revisionism, I imagine.

Would of loved to of done screenies in CMx1, but could never get good ones, much of the good stuff went off in ya head but with cmx2 or more specifically v2.12 of the game and the host of mods just makes it irresistible, well done BFC and thanks to all modders too, hopefully get more (better ones) soon.

moqc.png

fs0j.png

ch4f.png

uayr.png

lfvi.png

Here some gameplay CM BN+CW+MG

Nice. What sound mod is that? And what did you use to remove the UI in the video like that?

Here are some pictures of something very weird that happened to me in the Nijmegen campaign. The spotting mechanics in this game can get so strange sometimes.

I was having a problem with a German assault gun blocking the main road into a town, so I decided to flank it by blasting down some of the big walls around it, like so:

HsIRacG.jpg

This would have given me a good shot at its side. Not perfect, but good enough I thought.

TnS6bgV.jpg

I gave one of the Shermans a target arc to make sure its turret was facing the right way and then I sent it around the corner. I then watched the Sherman just sit there, failing to spot the enemy tank right in front of it for quite some time, even with its turret pointed right at it. I thought the smoke and dust from the blasted down wall may have been blocking its view, but the German tank saw through the smoke and spotted my tank almost instantly, even though it wasn't even facing the right direction. It began slowly turning toward my tank the moment it rounded the corner.

A few seconds later, the Sherman managed to spot German infantry inside the building behind the enemy tank and started shooting at them, while still completely unaware of the German tank right in front of it!

The Germans were spotted in the left window circled here:

IsQfXkV.jpg

Here is the view from the tank itself. You can see it firing at the window while still oblivious to the tank sitting there a few feet away from it. It fired an HE shell and a few MG bursts into the window, killing a group of Germans inside.

ij3u0PZ.jpg

The Sherman finally managed to spot the enemy tank several seconds later, but by then it was too late. It had already turned around. The Sherman managed to fire one round that harmlessly bounced off its frontal armor, and then it was immediately blown to bits.

BhDO1KA.jpg

That was one of the only times I had ever actually said a curse word out loud at my monitor. It was probably one of the most WTF moments I had seen in this game so far. It makes me laugh looking back at it.

Kenzie, those images might be quite large. I've been waiting for them to load for a few seconds now (read all your text and the next message, and they're still not loaded after I've typed this...) Could you resize them a bit? Some people struggle with their broadband "fair use" clause...

Still not loaded...

What could have helped your situation was "unbuttoning" your Sherman crew commander with the "Open Up" command.

Can you have a Stug Commander unbuttoned?

When I am setting up a situation like that I highlight the movement order then use the Target command to the area where the target is. Don't leave it entirely up to the AI.

Kenzie, those images might be quite large. I've been waiting for them to load for a few seconds now (read all your text and the next message, and they're still not loaded after I've typed this...) Could you resize them a bit? Some people struggle with their broadband "fair use" clause...

Still not loaded...

Hm, I don't think they're excessively large images. They are all less than 250KB each. There are much larger images in this thread.

It's the hosting site I put them on (Imgur) that's doing it. It's been really overloaded just now.

This forum won't let me edit posts after a certain amount of time anyway.

What could have helped your situation was "unbuttoning" your Sherman crew commander with the "Open Up" command.

Can you have a Stug Commander unbuttoned?

When I am setting up a situation like that I highlight the movement order then use the Target command to the area where the target is. Don't leave it entirely up to the AI.

Yeah, Stug commanders can unbutton. I forced the commander of that particular one to button up from an artillery strike on that area.

As for my own tank, I didn't want the commander sticking his head out in such a dense urban area. The buildings around that intersection were crawling with German troops. Besides, I didn't think it would matter anyway because of the extreme close range and the fact that the Stug was also buttoned up and facing a different direction.

I might have to try that target command thing though. I wonder if it would make him waste his first shot on the ground around the target before he actually spots it though.

I have got some kills using "area fire" into an area I know there is a vehicle. And of course, sometimes you get a near miss, which usually results in the target reversing. In this iteration I understand that "buttoned" tanks have decreased spotting compared to previous versions, so I imagine buttoned tanks in an urban environment on the move would have further spotting penalties.

It is a dangerous business being a crew commander!

Good luck with it!