CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

Even if I covered the gun barrel with slime and green stuff it wouldn't work?

I actually touched a relic of a PAK 38 ATG at the weekend. I can assure you all that it would not be easy to spot, possibly even behind a slight dip in a short grazed field of grass!

I'm going to try what you suggested. Actually, this is a PAK 40.

Hidden2.jpg

If it works, this will be the last thing the Sherman sees.

Hidden3.jpg

I'm going to try what you suggested. Actually, this is a PAK 40.

Hidden2.jpg

If it works, this will be the last thing the Sherman sees.

Hidden3.jpg

That looks perfect, looks pretty flat also. The one thing I have not figured out yet is how many action spots into the tall grass one should place the gun.

But the farther in you can and still have a line of sight out of it is what you are after.

All I can say, I always thought a ATgun did well if it managed to kill 2-3 tanks. Placing it like this, the best result I have seen is 5 enemy tanks and some grunts. So hopefully you will see the benifits of it also.

Nice photo

That looks perfect, looks pretty flat also. The one thing I have not figured out yet is how many action spots into the tall grass one should place the gun.

But the farther in you can and still have a line of sight out of it is what you are after.

All I can say, I always thought a ATgun did well if it managed to kill 2-3 tanks. Placing it like this, the best result I have seen is 5 enemy tanks and some grunts. So hopefully you will see the benifits of it also.

Nice photo

Thanks for mentioning the depth issue, I think I have been overlooking that. Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

The Rangers reached the right hand bluff in pretty good order. 1 Platoon is still fully combat ready. Here they are as the start to clear the trenches.

RangersReachTheTrenches.jpg

The Rangers would successfully clear the Germans from their objective.

Members of A Co 116 and 145 Engineers come under fire as they reach the top of the bluff on the left.

UnderFireAtTheTop.jpg

A Co and the engineers are too battered to force the Germans off their objective.

Just as I am trying to figure out how I am going to use the Rangers to clear the other bluff and the draw with only battered remnants of 116th for support reinforcements arrive. Members of B Co 116 Come ashore

ReenforcementsArrive.jpg

The second wave of landings goes smoothly, the only casualties are from a few previously undetected mines. In the end it is A Co's CO and XO that finish the job that A Co started. They get up the slope before B Co gets to the Sea wall.

While the reinforcements are forming up and clearing the last two MG bunkers before entering the draw the Rangers have not been idle...

Lt MacDonald leads the remaining 14 men in his platoon along the ridge of the right hand side of the draw. They have good cover and soon spot two MG nests. With half his men in position (one squad got cut off from him in a nearby field) he moves into position to bring the MG nests under fire. Just as one MG is dislodged Lt MacDonald is hit and wounded.

LtMacDonaldHitLeadingAssaultTwoMG.jpg

He will be going home a hero

Mean while B Co secures the opening to the draw. They need to bring the engineers up to make them a path through the wire because their last operational tank is in no shape to breach any more wire.

2ndPlatoonBCoEntersTheDraw.jpg

Fortunately the Engineers are arriving:

2PlatoonBCo121stEng.jpg

Some screenshots from the third mission of the German campaign from the Commonwealth module:

cmnormandy2012071307301.jpg

King Tiger (seen far left) destroyed every vehicle that passed him, 3 tanks and one truck, eventually they only managed to immobilize my King Tiger.

cmnormandy2012071307361.jpg

Tank destroyer and a Panther took down the rest of the column

cmnormandy2012071307430.jpg

The column

Probably an unrealistic amount of gun depression, though.

Gamey! :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/deckarudo/6898916331/

Might perhaps argue otherwise. Obviously, the gun is as depressed as it can be, since the tank is destroyed... Doesn't look like the gun in-game is any more depressed though.

The site where I found that image (http://www.flickriver.com/photos/deckarudo/sets/72157623977648200/) has lots of pics of Jagdpanthers, including this one that surprised me some... http://www.flickr.com/photos/deckarudo/6822551757/