CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

I'd keep off the acid if I was you mate.

Well, I was talking about how their neck becomes looong when the animation plays.

I won't deny the dope though. 

image-497337-860_poster_16x9-ynfa-497337

7 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

@Frenchy56 there is a thread for CMFI screenshots and videos here

I'll have that in mind for next time.

Edited by Frenchy56

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

don´t feel secure when lying prone behind a buildings wall and reloading your Raketenpanzerbuchse. There could be just that single enemy guy that aims and hits straight through it nonetheless. Hats off for a good shot canuck! B) Not quite that funny in a running PBEM though. :P

2prw9kn.jpg

Or could it be that this actually shows that your mod to make troops reload while prone only affects the graphics, not the actual simulation?

Also, how can he lose his helmet when it has a chinstrap :)

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

Or could it be that this actually shows that your mod to make troops reload while prone only affects the graphics, not the actual simulation?

The model position *does* effect the simulation - its not everything but it is how the hit testing is done. Do not for get the choice of animations for guys getting hit is coded to think the starting point for reloading is standing or kneeling. So, if the "reloading modded as prone" model gets hit and becomes a casualty the code will animate the death using the appropriate animation - which will be from kneeling or standing.

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

Also, how can he lose his helmet when it has a chinstrap :)

LOL Good question. I would say the strap is broken but clearly the picture shows that it is not. :)

1 hour ago, IanL said:
2 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

The model position *does* effect the simulation - its not everything but it is how the hit testing is done. Do not for get the choice of animations for guys getting hit is coded to think the starting point for reloading is standing or kneeling. So, if the "reloading modded as prone" model gets hit and becomes a casualty the code will animate the death using the appropriate animation - which will be from kneeling or standing.

My point wasn't that he jumped up in the air when hit, but that he was spotted and shot at while prone in the building, which I suppose would make him out of sight under the window. The mod made him reload while prone, but the enemy soldier shot at him (and hit him) as if he were standing or kneeling as normal.

Edited by Bulletpoint

3 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

My point wasn't that he jumped up in the air when hit, but that he was spotted and shot at while prone in the building, which I suppose would make him out of sight under the window. The mod made him reload while prone, but the enemy soldier shot at him (and hit him) as if he were standing or kneeling as normal.

wished it would be that simple, as my first thought as well was "Houston, we got a problem" (with animation file swap). I´d like to invite another witness. @Heirloom_Tomato could you tell something from your games POV regarding this little action scene and your pixeltrooper involved? (it´s from current QB PBEM turn 11)

One thing that was striking me was that my "Bleep" sound replacement file (bullet penetrate building 0.wav) for exactly this single shot was playing, indicating the enfield rifles bullet in fact penetrated the wall and not hitting anything (invisible) behind the window as usual. Also the enemy sniper wasn´t spotted before and became visible/spotted exactly that moment when the RPzB guy was hit when lying prone. So I have no doubts about the origins of that single shot. What I mean to say is that the canadian sniper could possibly have shot at the german AT guy before (without me noticing) when he was still kneeling and the actual killing shot was a delayed one, when the AT guy way already at prone for a reload. There´s always a slight delay (1-x seconds) when a shooter realizes the target actually dived or moved out of sight, but gets another shot/burst off on a now invisble target. So after all this also might be just a random delayed shot, penetrating the wall and killing the prone AT guy by pure luck.

Edited by RockinHarry

4 hours ago, IanL said:

that would coincide with my current conception on how the animation/targetable footprint all work in the game.

1 hour ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

This is what the good Canadian boys saw right before he got whacked. From my angle it appears to have been a burst of fire from a Sten gun @RockinHarry.

hm... okay... gotta check again. But whatever hit him, at what stance was he at that time exactly? ^^

Edit: You´re right @Heirloom_Tomato it in fact was a burst (single bullet) of Sten gun, hitting the AT guy just split seconds beore the Enfield rifle guy got his shot off. Now I´m even more perplexed with that Sten gun single 9mm penetrating the wall and hitting the prone lying guy at 100m!

Edited by RockinHarry

-OR-...That there are other Variables in play that we didn't consider.

Yes, the Troopers Stance was Prone at that exact moment when hit...However, maybe CM assumes he is Prone (or whatever stance) for most of the Action-Cycle (averaging the current and previous stances in same Action-Cycle), and so still a small chance of being hit ?

Thou, if he was prone for more then One-Action Cycle, then that theory just went 'Kaput'...Sigh !

Anyways, just throwing some chit out there for thought :-)

Edited by JoMc67

4 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

@RockinHarry the picture I posted was the exact last possible moment before he got hit. The next moment he was no longer visible to my men. 

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the mod only changes the visual for the player and not for the game engine.

thanks! One can see more or less clearly that the guy is just about reloading another rocket into his RPzB which coincides with my own observations.

One the 9mm Sten gun bullets went penetrating through the wall which is confirmed by the mentioned sound played. Thus far I´don´t see anything fubar´ed with the animation file swap. It´s just the 9mm penetration abilities on walls at that range (100m) which can be doubted IMO.

Edit: Quick check on the AT guy at different cam angle. Just split seconds before the kill, the launcher tube was sticking through the walls geometry and that could possibly be the actual cause for the issue.

10n96xs.jpg

I´d removed the related animation swap files and the AT guy went down to prone during that replay anyway. Seems the animation file swap doesn´t have  had anything to do with the kill.

Btw, it was a true killing shot and not a WIA. If that 9mm came at an shallow angle slightly below and penetrated at the launcher tube  intersection with the wall, the poor guy likely got it straight into the head.

Edited by RockinHarry

Yeah, I was also thinking about that Launcher-Tube sticking out the Window (in middle of reloading), and thought it might have something to do with it...So, this theory can also be applied to any Unit reloading with part of the Weapon sticking out the building/structure (MG's Launcher, ATR, etc).