CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

I just finished Huzzar!

GreenTank.jpg

I am just about done with this battle also in a HtoH match. I think this is my favorite scenario so far since playing CMBN.

It apears you are right in the thick of town, way to go.

I found after all the early scouting and securing my frontlines, that I had openings up the left flank into my Opponants rear, So I have been having a turkey shoot on the Germans and not so worried about pushing the objective.

but now that the battle is ending I am pressing the town with units from 3 sides and have already taken out four Stugs without the loss of any of my medium Armor. In the whole battle I have only lost 2 stewarts and my armor cars.

Might be the most one sided battle I have ever done. But loved the fact that it came about because of scouting, probes and then aggressive movement of troops to the open locations.

Opponant is totally in disbelief. He has at yet even managed to fire one panther round at my units. But I have eyes on them keeping track of any move they might make. have 15 min. left, arty still raining on the objective and so on.

For me this battle shows so many aspects of how I can play this game like I could never play CMX1,

The new engine rocks, no matter what I say when I am not happy about some features within the game

I am just about done with this battle also in a HtoH match. I think this is my favorite scenario so far since playing CMBN.

It apears you are right in the thick of town, way to go.

Thanks - yes I ended up with a total victory.

I found after all the early scouting and securing my frontlines, that I had openings up the left flank into my Opponants rear, So I have been having a turkey shoot on the Germans and not so worried about pushing the objective.

but now that the battle is ending I am pressing the town with units from 3 sides and have already taken out four Stugs without the loss of any of my medium Armor. In the whole battle I have only lost 2 stewarts and my armor cars.

Might be the most one sided battle I have ever done. But loved the fact that it came about because of scouting, probes and then aggressive movement of troops to the open locations.

Opponant is totally in disbelief. He has at yet even managed to fire one panther round at my units. But I have eyes on them keeping track of any move they might make. have 15 min. left, arty still raining on the objective and so on.

OK wow that is impressive. I lost a pile of stuff and my troops were in poor shape morale wise. In fact when I took the town I was unable to muster any effective force to send to help take the farm. I only ended up with the farm objective as well because opponent's forces were in worse shape than I thought.

Funny thing is after watching the way my opponent played and the forces he had at his disposal I was thinking this should be very winnable by the Germans. My opponent showed a lack of caution when using his Panthers and I took advantage. I think that if he had used his StugIIIs to protect the Panther's flanks and was not so aggressive with the Panthers I would have had a much harder time.

For me this battle shows so many aspects of how I can play this game like I could never play CMX1,

The new engine rocks, no matter what I say when I am not happy about some features within the game

Huzzar! is my favorite scenario too. I really like how it was constructed with scouting built into the scenario and the map well it is amazing.

As for the engine / game - I agree. Simply amazing work. There are things that I would like to see added and a few things that I would like to see addressed. In fact while taking the town in this scenario I ran into my biggest issue with how things work. I need to consolidate my thoughts and evidence and start a new thread on the subject. But as you said the game is great and none of this is show stopper stuff IMHO.

That incident with the Tiger and the Sherman was from a QB in which the A.I. controlled the German forces.

I had my Sherman turn a blind corner on to a country lane at precisely the same moment the Tiger was racing around the same corner in hot pursuit of another of my Shermans.

The Sherman simply froze in it's tracks.The Tiger never slowed, paid no attention, but blew past the Americans until it stopped about 20m away.

The Sherman then slowly rotated it's gun and fired a shot that struck the Tiger in the lower hull.

The Tiger crew bailed and the Sherman crew all had to change their shorts.

I cannot believe I am going to be the first to submit CW module screen shots to this thread.

This is from a QB I setup to try the PIAT against German armor. I have a Canadian infantry company (with a 6lbr and two Achilies). The Germans are crossing the bridge and my first PIAT team fired its first shot from a second story window.

PIATIndoorsFiring.jpg

(Yes, I did give them a face command toward the tank. I expected them to be at the window but I'm not complaining)

And missed - rats I was hoping the first one would be a hit.

PIATIndoorsMissing.jpg

That's going to be one very mad STUG.

Yep, mad but not scared. Before my guy could get off another shot he was taken out by a big explosion. To his right a few moments later a 50mm mortar team dropped a shell right on top of the Stug. Now the Stug is mad at them - and they are running for cover.

Just one of those moments when I used ultra-zoom, got way down in the weeds, and felt a shiver as I saw this team pass by -- every nerve taut and listening for that first sign of the enemy...

That's a really atmospheric pic.

Mord.

Mind you... the CW module doesn't look so great on my Mac (but I think it's just my graphics card that doesn't like 1.10)

Although I have dropped the setting to BEST/IMPROVED so that the screenshot was clear enough, it looks just like this when set to BEST/BEST in game. A far cry from my previous screenshot.

The-joy-of-v1.10-on-a-Mac.jpg