CM:BN Screenshot Thread #2

• 3 weeks later...

My lads heard sounds from over a slight rise. The enemy was advancing. Was it a foot patrol? Something else?

Imaging their surprise when a platoon of panzers came over the hill. Imagine the panzers surprise when they were seen by my Sherman overwatch.

But I'm surprised that my men couldn't recognize the advancing Germans by their engines. All I got were little "?" icons and no sounds.

My lads heard sounds from over a slight rise. The enemy was advancing. Was it a foot patrol? Something else?

Imaging their surprise when a platoon of panzers came over the hill. Imagine the panzers surprise when they were seen by my Sherman overwatch.

But I'm surprised that my men couldn't recognize the advancing Germans by their engines. All I got were little "?" icons and no sounds.

The "?" represent everything that isn't positively identified, including sound contacts.

The "?" represent everything that isn't positively identified, including sound contacts.
Sure. But the thing is engines sound different than infantry. If the tanks are sitting still with their engines off shouting at one another, maybe they'd be mistaken for infantry. But not if they are roaring down a road.

If the game knows to give a contact icon from sound then what about an icon popping up to represent it? A different colored question mark or an ear icon?
It's a good idea, but if I had to prioritize I would much prefer BF to distinguish vehicle from men than sound from vision. Usually one can tell which contacts are sounds from vision anyway, simply by the location of the contact. (Having all four would be great.)